Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Searchlight Problem ACR 100B

It worked perfectly last time I used it (albeit last year). Now when I press power, the red light on the keypad just dims (no light from the searchlight), the green lights for direction do not light and what is most curious is that when I press power, I hear an odd sound, almost like plucking a piano wire. I have no experience with these units. The coax between the keypad and master controller (URC 100) appears fine as do the connections from the master controller. There is a bit of moisture in the faceplate of the light but that should not account for the keypad not seeming to function properly. Any help tracing what I believe must be a simple problem would be appreciated. Heck--I can't even figure out how to open the glass to check the bulbs although I can check them by feeding power to the yellow and green wires outside the master controller.

Re: Searchlight Problem ACR 100B

ACR has a pretty good website. I had a similar problem a while back. It is possible to remove the light and by applying power to the various color coded wires, you can see if the light illuminates, and moves up/down/left/right. If the light itself functions properly, the issue can then be traced back. In my situation, the problem turned out to be the master controller.

Try here: http://www.acrelectronics.com/support.aspx