Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Re: Wall Street, how low?

If you're trapped we are due for a bounce - it may have started today.

Just don't hang around too long.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Wall Street, how low?

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

My thinking exactly. Thanks for the confirmation.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

3. Re: Wall Street, how low?

Let me put it this way - if they don't unstick LIBOR - and fast - there won't be anything coming over from places like China within the next couple of weeks, and delivery of things like FOOD may be impacted, as commercial credit is seizing from the outside in. So far consumers aren't seeing it and neither are most small businesses, nor are the huge superconglomerates (think GE.) However, everyone in the middle is another situation entirely, especially if you have financial exposure.

You draw your own conclusions on what that does to the markets (and everything else) if it occurs.

For what its worth things eased up A BIT today, but not much. This is the "real deal" - not the stock market. The talking heads are all playing "blue sky and no clouds"..... uh, no.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    That's better than my hole in the ground

Plus you don't have to worry about the coffee cans rotting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

We're stuck in it due to venture capitol investment, no way to pull out. Actally we started putting everything extra in today. Hell, what is the worst that can happen? BO is going to take care of us all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    Real dogs???? My Yorkie is small but when he grabs the cohonies the big dogs give up quick. I hate to say this but hot chicks like fast boats like a 46c not barges. Stop by BYC this weekend and you can see the wonder dog and buy me lunch also. Dave
    Who said anything about reall dogs? I said reall people all dogs are reall it's only people that vary?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    Who said anything about reall dogs? I said reall people all dogs are reall it's only people that vary?

Brian

My bad. I re read the post. Maybe I am dyslexic! I guess I owe you lunch.
    Last edited by captddis; 10-10-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Hey Dave Don't be to hard on yourself I've heard that happens as you get older.

Brian

Guys, you don't need to worry! It's only a loss if you sell!!!!! note: SARCASM

People on the interweb forums seriously say "my 401k is down 40% this year, but it's ok, it's not a real loss"

haha, sold to you, morons.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Guys, you don't need to worry! It's only a loss if you sell!!!!! note: SARCASM

People on the interweb forums seriously say "my 401k is down 40% this year, but it's ok, it's not a real loss"

haha, sold to you, morons.
    Spoken like a true talking head.....If your insight is so valueable, just why is it you are working for someone else?