Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thought This was Flat Illegal

From the Drudge Report (no snickering): WASH TIMES Friday: Obama secretly tried to sway Iraqi government to ignore Bush deal on keeping troops in Iraq... Developing...

I thought the above was considered a legally defined treasonous act...anyone know more about the legal aspects of this, if above is true?

P.s., what seems to be the latest that his camp (Barry O) is unwilling or unable to produce a valid birth certificate. Questions are coming out of the Dems about this...would the Clintonites raise these type of questions? Would Hillary be the fallback candidate, if it were shown that BO is not a legal citizen for the purpose of becoming president? Much intrigue!!
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 10-09-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Thought This was Flat Illegal

If he was born to American citizens, regardless of the country in which he was born, he is an American Citizen as required to be president as long as at least one of his parents lived in the US at sometime before he was born. The birth certificate doesn't make him a citizen per se. Mine doesn't state I'm an American Citizen - it just says where I was born. But if I had been born in Germany (dad in army), I'd still be a US citizen.

Re treason - Even if true in Obama's case, I don't see what would be illegal about it. As a possible president he can say to them that IF he becomes president, he will do such and such and therefore they should do whatever. Campaigns/administrations are full of "behind closed door" meetings/agreements, etc. Just because it sounds distasteful doesn't make it treason.

If you want to be really floored, read the book: State of Denial ;-)

I have to say the last couple of weeks the amount and type of claims that are coming out from the McCain camp are starting to get a bit out of control.

At this point all I care about is getting the US out of this economic mess and back to the independent Super Power we can be. What really gets me pissed off is that BOTH parties DO NOT (IMHO) have a good plan for that and we are raising issues on both sides - that are pure noise right now...

IMHO

4. Re: Thought This was Flat Illegal

Sparton, it is flatly illegal.

Only the executive can promulgate foreign policy.

I'll bet $50k nobody has the balls to indict him.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Karl - on what what do you base your argument that it is flatly illegal?

ANYONE can propose anything. Candidates are making proposals publicly that violate CURRENT policy. Is that illegal? No, it's just making a proposal. Whether it's done publicly or privately does not bind anyone to it - either the proposer or acceptor. It has NO standing unless approved by whomever is in charge.

Our history is full of "private" deals that sometimes were later disavowed/condemned. Embarrassing? Perhaps so, but not illegal because no actual action can be taken to implement the agreement without the approval of the appropriate authorities.

THere are plenty of people that believe Reagan/his folks set up a deal with Iran to release the hostages, which they did when he was sworn in. Whether true or not, nobody considered it treason.

Speaking of treason, I found this to be interesting. I'm assuming it was legitimate.

33 Senators Voted Against English as America 's Official Language on June 6, 2007.

On Wed. 6 June 2007, Colonel Harry Riley , USA , Ret. wrote:

Senators:

Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 1348.... to make English America's official language is astounding.

On D-Day, no less, when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America , I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from. What your religion is. Whether you're black, white, or some other color...male or female......Democrat, Republican or Independent....... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America ...and Vote against English as the official language of the United States

Your vote reflects Betrayal. Political Surrender. Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance. Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism. Borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator...impeachment... Recall........Or other appropriate action is warranted, or worse.

Four of you voting against English as America 's Official Language are Presidential Candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd and Senator Obama.

Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't, or don't, have the courage to cast a vote in favor of English as America's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as 'political Hacks'..... Unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States .

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally 'rock you out of your socks'......... And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America .. it is about self-serving politics......despicable at best. It has been said: 'Never Argue with an Idiot....They'll drag you down to their level!'

PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN SAID:

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damages morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, quickly tried and hanged!!!"

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damages morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, quickly tried and hanged!!!"

Yep, he said it. And I agree with it. But the fact that he (and I, and you) believe it and WISHED it to be true, doesn't make it illegal.

8. Re: Thought This was Flat Illegal

Mikep, it is unconstitutional for branches of the government other than the executive to negotiate foreign policy.

If Obama actually attempted what is charged he has violated the Constitutional provision that foreign policy is under the control of the President of the United States. Directly contravening that policy is a raw violation of the separation of powers.

For someone who wants to be President, I would hope he understands the importance of having three separate branches of government and their proper roles.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Speaking of treason, I found this to be interesting. I'm assuming it was legitimate.

33 Senators Voted Against English as America 's Official Language on June 6, 2007.

On Wed. 6 June 2007, Colonel Harry Riley , USA , Ret. wrote:

Senators:

Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 1348.... to make English America's official language is astounding.

On D-Day, no less, when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America , I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens.

I don't much care where you come from. What your religion is. Whether you're black, white, or some other color...male or female......Democrat, Republican or Independent....... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America ...and Vote against English as the official language of the United States

Your vote reflects Betrayal. Political Surrender. Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance. Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism. Borders on traitorous action and, in my opinion, makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator...impeachment... Recall........Or other appropriate action is warranted, or worse.

Four of you voting against English as America 's Official Language are Presidential Candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd and Senator Obama.

Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't, or don't, have the courage to cast a vote in favor of English as America's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as 'political Hacks'..... Unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States .

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally 'rock you out of your socks'......... And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America .. it is about self-serving politics......despicable at best. It has been said: 'Never Argue with an Idiot....They'll drag you down to their level!'

Go to www.votesmart.org and you can see what your candidates past votes have been. Barrack was one of the 33 senators to vote against this bill. Its listed 3/4 down under immigration

"06/06/2007 Declaring English the National Language
    S Amdt 1151 N Amendment Adopted - Senate
    (64 - 33) "

Maybe I wasn't clear in my questioning the validity of that piece. Obama's voting record is a matter of public record. I just wasn't sure that the retired Colonel had in fact authored the letter.

As for Lincoln's quote, am I to understand he was proposing something illegal when he mentioned hanging congressmen who were undermining our country's efforts?