Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Thought This was Flat Illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Mikep, it is unconstitutional for branches of the government other than the executive to negotiate foreign policy.

If Obama actually attempted what is charged he has violated the Constitutional provision that foreign policy is under the control of the President of the United States. Directly contravening that policy is a raw violation of the separation of powers.

For someone who wants to be President, I would hope he understands the importance of having three separate branches of government and their proper roles.
    If that's true then somebody should tell Jimmy Carter about it??

Brian

2. Re: Thought This was Flat Illegal

I'm sorry, I thought adults recognized that the fact that one person robs a bank doesn't mean that we should look the other way if others intend to also rob banks.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

That's OK we all make mistakes

Brian

Smile Re: Thought This was Flat Illegal

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    If he was born to American citizens, regardless of the country in which he was born, he is an American Citizen...

Having somewhat of an immigration background, this is not true.. there are two conditions for being or receiving US citizenship, and they are jus sanguinis and jus soli:

Jus Sanguinis- Law Of Blood: Being born to one or two US Citizens.

Jus Soli - Law Of Land: Being born on territory controlled by the US.

That being said... any individual born to a US Citizen outside of territorial control of the United States is covered under Jus Sanguinis and is eligible for citizenship IF: they meet some requirments, one of which is returning to the united states in a timley manner, not being a duel citizen and claiming US Citizenship among other requirments.

scott

PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN SAID:

"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damages morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, quickly tried and hanged!!!"

I recall Nancy P pushing a bill to label Turkey's actions in the 1900s as "genocide", right in the middle of sensitive talks with U.S./Iraq/Turkey. I was shocked, and questioned some democratic friends about it. They gleefully reported that it was just something to bug Bush, and was therefore good.

I retorted that Turkey was an important supply route for our troops in Iraq, and possibly would shut off U.S. military supplies, because of this "genocide" bill.

That strategic concern was deemed by the democrats to be of secondary importance to winning political points.