Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: "Joe Cool" To Be Auctioned Today

Krushter, my comment about insurance liablity had nothing to do with the government. I was just curious as to whether or not this type damage would be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Krushter, my comment about insurance liablity had nothing to do with the government. I was just curious as to whether or not this type damage would be covered.
    The government still tore apart somebody's property.

So? They were investigating a triple murder. That still has nothing to do with insurance coverage.

As far as i know insurance does not pay for damge done by law enforcement.

You would have to read you individual yacht policy however.

Thanks Steve, I was hoping you'd chime in. Surely there's a difference in coverage for such things when you are the victim of a crime as opposed to someone who has used his boat in an illegal manner. Then again, who knows?

Did I mention I hate insurance companies?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    So? They were investigating a triple murder. That still has nothing to do with insurance coverage.
    So? They still damaged personal property. What if there was a drug deal gone bad on your street in front of your house and the law guys somehow got a warrant and decided to tear apart your house? What are you gonna do about it....yeah, nothing.

You just can't seem to come to grips with the fact I was asking about insurance where something like this is concerned.

No doubt if someone breaks into your boat and vandalizes it, you'll be covered minus your deductible. I hope and pray I never have to find out how an insurer would look at a situation such as "Joe Cool", but I am curious. More than anything, I hope the family wasn't left holding the bag on this one.

2 hours ago

MIAMI (AP) — An Arkansas man convicted of murdering four people aboard the Florida charter boat "Joe Cool" will spend the rest of his life in prison.

A Florida judge sentenced Kirby Archer to five consecutive life terms Tuesday as tearful family members and friends of the victims looked on. The 36-year-old Archer pleaded guilty in July to first-degree murder, robbery, kidnapping and hijacking the boat last year after it left Miami for the Bahamas.

The plea spared Archer the possible death penalty, although he admitted in court that he deserved to die.

Prosecutors say Archer hijacked the boat to escape child molestation and theft investigations in Arkansas.

A mistrial was declared earlier this month for a second man accused in the slayings.