Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Joe Cool" To Be Auctioned Today

Just saw some info on this and wondered why it ended up being owned by the county. Anybody know?

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI99942/

Oops! I'm a day late, the auction was yesterday.

Re: "Joe Cool" To Be Auctioned Today

Sorry for the one way conversation, but this turned up on Google.

http://cbs4.com/local/joe.cool.aucti...ectflash=false

yet another sad twist to this tragedy...

when driving to miami beach yesterday, i saw the Joe Cool sistership, the Sissy Baby docked off Hibiscus or Star Island. Sissy Baby operated by the same company suffered a serious fire a month ago, which gutted the interior. she was on my dock for a while after being towed in, a sad sight.

there was another Buddy Davis, also light blue hull next to her, must have been the Joe Cool
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

That second link pretty much explained things, but it was difficult watching the video of the grandfather. Too bad a few bucks have to tear a family apart whose already suffered so much loss.

Would it not make sense to delay selling the boat until after all the evidence mentioned is placed back aboard?

Where does insurance play into this type of thing?

I'll bet the feds did a "great" job of removing items, and would do an even better one of replacing them.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Seriously, I know there are some insurance types on here. Would your insurance pay for damage done by law enforcement as was the case with this boat?

Who was responsible for paying dockage expenses while this boat was part of an investigation?

Obviously that's not the main focal point of this tragedy, but I was just wondering why the boat's value is only that of salvage unless the insurance company has already paid off on a claim. Even after a year, this whole thing is still very disturbing.

I love the lines on a Buddy Davis.

They should tie those boys to a tree in the swamp and let nature take its course.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Seriously, I know there are some insurance types on here. Would your insurance pay for damage done by law enforcement as was the case with this boat?

Who was responsible for paying dockage expenses while this boat was part of an investigation?
    The government stopped caring about property rights around 1865.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    The government stopped caring about property rights around 1865.
    "My friends", dealings with the government at any level, is a scary proposition these days, the higher the worse. You can't sue them (you can? When is that? And to what end- you are out massive money; they have massive OPM- other peoples money). You've heard of Osama's cousin, Cudda Bin Wurse...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    "My friends", dealings with the government at any level, is a scary proposition these days, the higher the worse. You can't sue them (you can? When is that? And to what end- you are out massive money; they have massive OPM- other peoples money). You've heard of Osama's cousin, Cudda Bin Wurse...

You are wrong you pay a huge fine or go to jail. They are wrong, you pay expensive court costs and they get a paycheck and a nice pension--both of which you paid for. Of course, that is if you actually get to confront them!

Heads they win, tails you lose!