Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: just pics

just pics

I thought I would start a thread with a few pics

dog wants sushi

catch 10/4/2008

Now that is a cat...Navy BTW

Re: just pics

Nice shots, but that certainly is an interesting catamaran, especially given it belongs to the Navy. It sure doesn't look like a military vessel. What's the deal with the multi-colored stack-looking things?

If it's a Catamaran it must have two engines,right?

Two stacks, two en-jines.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Thumbs up Re: just pics

Happy Days,

Nice dog, nice car and delicious fish. From Cape Hatteras ?

Hans Moll
    Ayamonte
    Spain

see: www.me.com/gallery/#100042

You guys missed the point about the smokestack comment. It was the rainbow coloring that I found to be unusual. Then again, I guess this is today's Navy.

Those stacks look like they are on the footer behind the cat. They look jamaican mon ! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

How do you get down from there?

Report Date : 07 APR 1972

Pagination or Media Count : 52

Abstract : The IJSNS Hayes (T.AGOR 16), a new acoustic and oceanographic research vessel utilizing a catamaran hull, represents the most advanced design and engineering concepts in the fleet of U.S. oceanographic research vessels. The most distinctive features of the Hayes in comparlson to AGORs of convention monohull construction are the large laboratory and open deck area for scientific and project equipment, the large inboard area (center well) for lowering and raising large andlor heavy objects and the greater degree of stability and the centaalized machinery control. The T.AGOR 16 was most appropriately named after one of the great scientists of the U.S., Harvey C. Hayes. Dr. Hayes made many contributions to the successftd exploitation of sound as a practical method for exploration in the ocean and the detection of underwater objects.