Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The debate?

Re: The debate?

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Let's face it. The only reason for a VP is a hope that he or she can swing one or two states - that the pres could not do himself. Along with inquiring about the health of the pres daily, and breaking the occassional tie in the Senate, there's little use for the animal.

Except in a couple rare instances, the VP has never been in the "trusted" inner circle.
    Dick

Don't forget the most important job of the VP--To attend funerals of foreign heads of state so that the Pres doesn't have to go.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Let's face it. The only reason for a VP is a hope that he or she can swing one or two states - that the pres could not do himself.
    Then the strategy worked. Palin will win Alaska and a Bible belt state or 2.

Though she failed to impress last night, I doubt she caused any defections either.

[QUOTE=SKYCHENEY;106650]I'm serious. Why did they find the need to change it. It is funny to think of some of the combinations that we might have had though. How about Reagan/Carter, Clinton/Dole, or Bush/Gore? Just how would a split executive branch change things?

BTW, I found the answer to my previous question. It was the 12th Amendment and it was adopted in 1804.[/QUOTe)

I have a better idea Let's just trash the party system (Lincoln hated it) all it does is divide and confuse. Wouldn't it be nice to vote for a person based on they're ideas and ability only? The only people that benifit are those that know and do nothing. If they manage to get up early enough and they're able to find the place they can just go in the booth and hit all the Ds cause that's where the free money is.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Carreer polititian

That is what is WRONG with the system. CONgress was never meant to be filled with career politicians!

TERM LIMITS!

Ok. On the off chance that McCain and the baracuda win this thing, because of her inexperience, we could probably help with a job description. So far, we got
    -attend funerals
    -break Senate ties
    -inquire as to health of POTUS
    Did I leave anything else out?
    Dick

And what are Barack Obama's qualifications again? I keep forgetting.

If anything, she's the ONLY one of the four with EXECUTIVE experience.

Keep in mind that "experience" in any job EXCEPT the presidency/vice presidency, is not experience to be the president. Heck, ask any of the VPs that were thrust into the job and they will say they weren't ready and didn't know much about what was going on. It does seem to me that we are holding her to a standard to which we didn't hold any previous VP picks. As Krush noted, we never cared before about the VP, why do we care now?

Because she's diffrent. Carreer politicians have changed the system and it's rules into something only a carreer politician can thrive in. This is why she doesn't sound as informed as Biden. He knows the system and knows how to use it she doesn't. So now ask yourself do you want someone who's well versed in a system that's been screwing you for 40 years? Or do you want someone more removed from that someone who could easily be living next door to you?

Brian

I hope she brings a breath of fresh air and more folks realize we need new blood and throw the old timers out.