Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: 1965 41dc, 1974 58TC

I have a Hough 65, a 90 and a real antique non-articulated 120 that lost the punkins but has an old Cummins in it,its parked in the back lot and just sitting there, the 65 I put a larger DT 466 in it from a schoolbus, I've rebuilt the Intl V8 engine in the 90 twice, its a little undersized for that loader. I think its a DT 573 or something that size.

That wouldn't be the infamous 9.0 Liter would it? I pretty sure they're a converted gas engine and have never been anything but trouble. Lube oil dilution problems, head gaskets and that lovely gimmick they had in the seventies where it would idle on four cylinders. Problem was it burned just as much fuel as if it was idling on eight and the other four didn't get onboard until it was at about 1400 RPM.

I hear they make excellent moorings though.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

It has a basic fuel injection rail almost like a Cat motor, it has had a load of problems, we blew up the first block, piston seized and it took out the liner and bore. We actually have now that I think of it yet another 90 loader that has the engine out, I guess it will be this years project of an engine transplant, I may try to stick a Cummins in though I do have an 8v92 in an old mixer thats not useable anymore and it was rebuilt its the rest of the chassis thats gone and I have cannibalized mixer parts off of it and the drum is shot. The Detroit would be easier to match up to the torque convertor and hydro pumps, the Cummins would stick out the ass end big time.

Did I mention I may have a forklift for sale?

Back on topic, I added some photos to the photo gallery on this site which may be helpful.

http://www.samsmarine.com/photopost/...00&ppuser=1384

Again, I'll listen to all offers including partial trades for anything of value. The offer of owner financing for qualified buyers still stands.

Nice pics, maybe you can legally start a raffle for the 58?

Looks like my motivation to sell these boats has just been elevated. The wife wants a divorce (nothing to do with the boats), so now is your chance. Looks like I don't have the option of waiting out this economy, so bring all offers.

Randy,

Sorry to hear that. Are you coming up for the Rendezvous?
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Sorry to hear as well your having marital problems Randy.
    "If people keep dissing Sarah Palin there may be one less star on the US flag in the future"

Randy, that just sucks! Wish I had the coin to help bail you out on Freebird. Business just pecludes that right now. Moving into a different industry that has stimulus money available and hope we can take advantage of it. Might as well get on the gravey train if I can. If you a shoulder, you know where you can reach me.
    Skip

Thanks guys, good news is I just got something to take my mind off the divorce thing as my dad was just taken by ambulance to a hospital where he'll have a quadrouple bypass and a valve replacement surgery in FL tomorrow. He had gone in for a heart cath this morning, and they found all sorts of problems he was unaware of.

Noel, I'll make every effort to attend this year, but like they say, these things come in three's. I can hardly wait to see what's next. Will somebody PLEASE buy one or both of these damn boats?