Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 55c

55c

I don't know why the thread was locked, but today I went to see the 55c that is in Boston in this link: http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10647

All I have to say is that I've been on quite a few boats and this thing was spotless and everything looked damn near perfect during my quick inspection. All systems where either original or done right.

This boat is definitely worth spending some time looking at if you are in the market.

Re: 55c

Sooo after everyone picked the boat apart here, it really is pristine just like the owner said!

I don't think anyone picked it apart I think there was just a consensus of opinion that the wallpaper was not considered desirable by most here and that the price was a bit high for a quick sale in today's market. It always looked and sounded like a real nice boat. It was the owners attitude and sales technique that surprised people.

I'm glad Krush verified that it is indeed a nice boat and hopefully it will sell soon.

Like 15 pages of opinion! And the 75,000 offer or the poster saying that if the first number was a 2 he would be interested. But no one even looked at the boat. Of course the owner kept the thread going as well. I personally don't like the wall paper either, but I see people who complain about the darkness of the dark wood. To each his own. It was obvious from the pics that the boat was nice. Comments like the wood is water stained and damaged under the paper is just uncalled for speculation. Or the 1000 hr engines were no good as they should have 3000 hr is just stupid. IMHO

I'm the guy who said if the 1st number was a 2, I'd be interested. Unfortunately, when the seller began making silly claims, he began losing credibility and I began to look at the thread as a joke.

Now that Krush has visited the boat and confirmed it's for real, I may reconsider.

Krush - if you could, please set up an account with a photo hosting site (photobucket?) and share the pics you took.

I'm gonna ask Yale (owner) if he minds if I put the pictures up publicly first. I don't mind sharing with people I know, but I don't want to put them up publicly without his consent.

I didn't get to meet Yale, I just spoke with him on the phone briefly. I went out to the boat because I was in the area and he had a friend cleaning it that let me in to look around.

krush, sorry i was tied up. glad my friend was there to let you see the boat. please post your pictures. thanks

Thread was probably locked because I would have had a nice 55 for 75000.00. My guy in Newport called to make arraingments and was told price was 299,000. He couldn't get the email of an offer and acceptance because thread was locked. Oh well Turner, I would have taken her off your hands!!!!!

the original thread was locked because it was getting ridiculous and there were concerns that the second one woudl turn out the same way.

I have unlocked the second thread, you can post the pictures there to keep it in one place... let's keep it positive and let's not have bumps every two days in all caps please.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Passages, You should call me 617-785-9105 . Thanks, Mr. T.