Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1976 43 DC looks pretty good!

There's a 43DC for sale here at Piney Narrows Yacht Haven. It's not mine and I have nothing whatsoever to do with it but I thought I'd take a look at it the other day since it is perhaps a 30 second walk from our boat and, of course, we are always interested in adding folks to the classic Hatt fold!

If anyone is interested in a 43, I think this one would be a good one at the price - rumor has it that it could be bought for the low 70Ks. She could use a new carpeting and the associated other soft goods - bedspreads, etc to update the interior but all the original Hatteras wood is there and in very good condition. All the important stuff appears to be in good shape and sound. Although she could use a good cleaning, folks on the dock familiar with the owner/boat believe she will survey quite well. THe owner was transferred out of the area and is no longer able to use the boat. I have never met/seen the owner

If anyone is interested, i'd be glad to check it out further and give an opinion/pics on any specifics. I'm doing this because someone on this forum did the same for me when I was looking at 53s and it was extremely helpful.

THe boat is probably on Yachtworld though I haven't looked. If you see a Hatt 43DC listed at either Piney Narrows or Kent Island, that's probably it.

Re: 1976 43 DC looks pretty good!

I think the biggest challenge on that boat will be fixing the delamination on the port side walk way just forward of the aft enclosure. Looks like the core could be compromised in that area, otherwise I think it's a pretty decent boat as well.

Re: 1976 43 DC looks pretty good!

Funny – I have a 1976 43 DC and the port side deck at the bow has delaminated on mine. The previous owner who had her for 7 years said was like that when he bought it. Can’t tell by looking at it, only that it’s like a trampoline when you walk on it. The guy laying the decks on back in ’76 must have been hitting the sauce that year.