Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: What decides my vote in '08

I've been watching the same news as the rest of you and I haven't seen anyone in TX complaining about FEMA or anything else. I thought the response to the hurricanes was well-planned and well-executed. Given the wholesale destruction, far fewer people died than anyone expected. And they are still rescuing folks who were stayed put, for whatever reason.

This is a good instance of government that worked and is doing its' job. We have a number of people on this forum who seem unable to see any good in anything; it's profoundly distressing to see a group of folks who are comparatively well-advantaged in life and grateful for nothing. There are a lot of people who have a great deal more to legitimately complain about than you all do, and a lot of them are in Texas. They are not the ones complaining. What have you got to carp about?

Jim "Well advantaged" seems a bit off on how I see myself. I have worked hard for what little I have ( my boat is not one of the more valuable ones in the group) and I continue to do so as I watch many others get a free ride in life just not on a boat.

I have not had anything given to me. Not my education ( still paying it off) Not my home ( still paying it off ) and not my boat ( still paying it off). The schools by my home are teaching entitlement in 3 languages so I choose to work a bit harder and put my son in private school.

My wife was rear ended by an under insured driver who has since left the country so I am stuck with the medical bills and I am told there is no way to hold the other driver responsible since she left the country.

I pay my bills and work extra to provide for my family and I do not think anything there makes me "well advantaged" I am "hard working and deserving" and I am becoming less interested in sharing as time goes on.

I do not believe I am different from many others on the site. Paris Hilton is "well advantaged". I worked hard for what I have.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I work hard also and saved for 20 years for my Hatt! I make less per year than what most send on a new lexus. What I resent is being forced to pay more money to the government to give to the lazy, irresponsible, illegal and reckless/stupid.

Jim if you feel so guilty no one is stopping you from giving your money away.

PS I always send $$$ to help out in a disaster in the US.

I got a kick out of an interview the other day with the Governor of Texas and associated officials prior to the hurricane. One "newsperson" asked if Texas officials were prepared for the widespread looting that would occur in the areas expected to be hit by the hurricane.

The answer - I don't recall if it was the governor or the state police official - was a dismissive, "We don't have looting in Texas!"

And apparently, they don't. Didn't hear a word about any looting at all.

They must be doing something right that other states are not.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I got a kick out of an interview the other day with the Governor of Texas and associated officials prior to the hurricane. One "newsperson" asked if Texas officials were prepared for the widespread looting that would occur in the areas expected to be hit by the hurricane.

The answer - I don't recall if it was the governor or the state police official - was a dismissive, "We don't have looting in Texas!"

And apparently, they don't. Didn't hear a word about any looting at all.

They must be doing something right that other states are not.

Yes they are. Did you see the humvees with the swat teams patrolling the streets? They will shoot looters.

6. Re: What decides my vote in '08

Yep. Its really quite simple.

You can loot. We can (and will) shoot.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

That's the truth. I was at a friends home in Corpus Cristie last month and the mindset is the same as the Cajuns out side the citys in LA. We don't need the F^%n government to do what we know is right. I like it. Also the coastal parts of Texas that I visited were not "inner city" hangouts. People were hard working and proud.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Take a look at what's going on it's just unbelievable. If I'm in the path of a hurricane I would pack up my family and get to safety. After the storm when I return to find my home destroyed I would consider myself very lucky if FEMA could provide me with a place to stay for 30 days or so until I get it sorted out.

Now look at Katrina thousands of helpless people do absolutely nothing to insure they're own safety take no responsibility at all but of course that's a failure of government. Now FEMA is doing evacuations so people have 2 choices pack up and get out at your own expense or lay down say I'm helpless and let the tax payers pay for everything.

Giving everyone a safety net for everything regardless of what they do is only helping people to be helpless. But fear not OBAMA will save us all and we will all be trapped subservient and beholding to government. What a country of helpless pathetic weenies we are becoming.

Then you ask what do I have to complain about? That's easy goof liberals like you.

Brian

"... Tell Saint Peter that I just cant go; I owe my soul to the company store." ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Let me tell you, the people bitching and moaning on the radio were in HOUSTON!

Poor them, they won't have AC for a little while and they need to boil their water. They are so helpless and so bad off. Tough S*it. When Isabel hit VA, my dad said they were without power for 2.5 weeks.