Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

What decides my vote in '08

You will never see a Hatteras with this background again.

Re: What decides my vote in '08

So your voting Dem?
    9/11 was on a Republican watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    So your voting Dem?
    9/11 was on a Republican watch.

OH SNAP!

PS: Vote 3rd party

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    OH SNAP!

PS: Vote 3rd party
    Snap back @ ch'ya Krush!

We were in NYC on the boat July 4th... All this Dem vrs. Rep. is Krazy, just like Krush ;-)

25 years ago when I was the same age as Krush, I was an altruistic Dem. Back then I also has a 32" waist and a full head of hair. Maturity just is what it is I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Giovanniello View Post
    Anyone who has any interest in using our waterways had better appreciate that when threats exist, the usage of these resources for private recreation is not a right, but rather a privelige.

I disagree. As a taxpayer and thus a owner of public land/water it is my right to use such resources.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    25 years ago when I was the same age as Krush, I was an altruistic Dem. Back then I also has a 32" waist and a full head of hair. Maturity just is what it is I guess.
    So where do I make complements of democraps? Last I checked, third party is neither demoCRAP or republiCON. Both parties are a F'n joke and absolutly pathetic.

Rep had their chance to cut spending and be conservative in the 90's. Dem's have had their chance to end the war in Iraq and change all the "bush doctrine" stuff.

Neither have done crap except spend more money and erode our liberties. Democrap: Tax and spend. RepubliCON: spend and spend. If we can't get rid of the spend part, I'd at least prefer the former as people actually feel what is getting spent because they are being taxed. Instead we give Gov a huge Credit CARD like a 13 year old girl............

Truthfully, I blame the baby boomers. For this group has allowed our great country to be overrun by bureaucrats that sell their votes and take away freedoms from self sufficient people. I can't even build a damn shed on my land without getting the APPROVAL from who knows how many government agencies. Oh, then I gotta rent my shed (taxes). America didn't become a great country by acting this way.

On the news/radio we have people in Houston bitching that FEMA isn't acting fast enough. They don't have fresh water. Their electricity is out....whine whine bitch bitch. There isn't enough gas, not enough generators at the stores. You people were warned almost an ENTIRE WEEK before the storm hit land. That is plenty of time to stock up on water, gas, generators. Hell, fill the damn bathtub up before the storm and you got drinking water to last you a week or two.

Whine whine, bitch bitch....save me with money robbed at gunpoint from somebody else.

To all the baby boomers....THANK YOU! /sarcasm

/rant off

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I read a quote some time ago:

If you are under 30 and are not liberal (democrat), you have no heart.
    If you are over 30 and not a conservative (repub), you have no brains.

As an aside - yesterday I took my son to a local university to visit an Environmental Expo on campus. I don't think any booths were hosted by people over 23. Listening to them hawk their products and petitions was quite amusing. They sincerely believe Utopia is an election away. (If Obama or the Green party win).

Those of us old enough to remember the 60's (though some say if you remember the '60s you weren't there), recall all the "love will conquer everything" feeling that was expressed by many young people including most of my college classmates. I was one of the young people (not as old as Krush at that time, who was on the "other side" - proclaimed (by my former classmates) as one of those "baby killers" in Vietnam. The feeling that a big change is in the wind now is vaguely similar to the 60's, though at a far lower level.

Of course, the main reason for the lack of serious involvement now is that service in Iraq or wherever is not a threat to young people. There is no draft so there is no concern that any male can be plucked out of school/job and shipped off to basic training and two years in the military, one of them in a combat area. That threat is what galvanized MOST young men back then, not any real desire to make the country better.

THere are always people who believe the next election or whatever will provide some sort of revolutionary improvement. But it never does. Revolutionary things DO happen but not BECAUSE of who's elected. They happen because they were going to happen and the election just got caught in the middle of it.

I am a Baby Boomer - one of the early ones, being born in 1946. I appreciate that young folks may not think the BBs did a very good job with the country. As a young person, I didn't think my parent's generation did a very good job and felt exactly the same way about their generation that Krush does about mine.

It's just the way of things. Young people always believe they are smarter and can do anything better than older people. I certainly did. There are plenty of accounts of this from the times of the Roman Empire. So none of this is the least bit new or different.

The young folks now will have the same opportunity to "fix everything" that previous generations have had. My generation was convinced they could fix all of the country's ills. For a brief period in the '60s it seemed to many people like it would happen. It didn't. But as the old saying goes, "Better luck next time!"

"I disagree. As a taxpayer and thus a owner of public land/water it is my right to use such resources."

As a "fer instance" I will direct your attention to the Cape Henlopen State Park in Delawere (Mr Biden's territory) where the majority portion of that most beautiful beach on the coast is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC because there is some bird nesting or some vegetation growing that MAY NOT BE DISTURBED! SO much for the public's use of the public's land.

Perhaps the sooner we taxpayers learn that birds and vegetation are more valuable than human life, we'll be happier and more fulfilled.

Lets face it, with the exception of Palin our choices are all career politicians. Within 10 years the Social Services like Medicare and Social Security are going to implode and I believe that is when we will finally see major change.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son