Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: 55 Hatteras Convertible

So what happened with the lawsuit?

Was that fair price north of 200K?
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Was that fair price north of 200K?
    I seriously doubt it because the admitted bottom/reserve was $195k and it "sold" on ebay for $135k so no matter what happened with the lawsuit the deal was still in the $1's. After all the trouble it was to convince Turner to drop the price from $399k down into something in the $2's and it ends up selling in the $1's. Anyone look to see if it's on SoldBoats? Oh well, at least the boat is gone and that's what Turner really wanted.

What a ride!

Its not on SoldBoats, is still active on YW with 4 different brokers though.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Yep, looks like somebody forgot to tell "Sam" Jaber this one sold. Kind of funny how the name of this boat and everybody associated with it seems to change over time.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1987.../United-States

Did Turner sell his boat?

Did Foley get it for $135K?

Tune in for the next episode of, "As The Hatt Turns"... coming soon to a forum near you.

THE CONTINUED SAGA OF MATERIAL GIRLS

If the boat sold its news to me, and its certainly news to the United States District Court. As far as I am concerned everything is status quo, I bought the boat for $135,000, and Mr. Turner and his broker Samir Jaber better hope the boat is there when this is done, or if not I am in the market for the most expensive 1987 55' hatteras on the market, and I think I have found it.

Thank you Yale!

JTF

This is indeed an interesting case. Ebay is a great sales tool but you have to know how to use it. It looks like the broker made a mistake when he listed it and now the seller and his agent are obligated to continue with the sale.

Please let us know what the court thinks about this.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I dont think the buyer can make this one stick.. then again I'm not an attorney....

I feel sorry for everyone in this deal, except the broker. I even feel sorry for myself because I'm looking for a beauty exactly like Material Girls.