Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Happy Birthday hwginc

I hope it has at least a few good moments for him.

He commented a couple of days ago he expected to lose his Hatt which was docked in Galveston. Anybody hear anything from him?

Re: Happy Birthday hwginc

Happy Birthday! I hope your boat is ok as well as the others in the area. I know there are other forum members in the area as well. I was wondering adout Bill's 58 [ Dustoff 44 ] as well. I have said prayers for all of you in the storms path.

Jack,

Hope you weathered the storm OK, and the boat is fine for your next b'day.

DAN

THANK YOU for you thoughts and wishes I feel that most everyone at the marina either lost or has major damage to their boats but they are not allowing us back in Galveston yet ,again Thank you
    'THERAPY'
    1991 45C

Happy Birthday

Sounds like you might need some good wishes.

Good Luck with the mess down there.

Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Jack, it just occured to me that you shared a story of a couple who were going to Florida to pick up a Hatteras for a new liveaboard in your marina. I sure hope those plans fell through or at least got delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by hwginc View Post
    THANK YOU for you thoughts and wishes I feel that most everyone at the marina either lost or has major damage to their boats but they are not allowing us back in Galveston yet ,again Thank you

Actually a number made it without too much damage. I did see a 45c with tower bow down in the water. Hope it is noy yours.

Check out 2Cool Fishing.com Go to the Bluewater forum on the main page. There are tons of pictures og GYB and others. The locals are giving rides to the marina for people to secure their boats. I will e mail the site to jack.

I just learned that Jack passed away about three weeks ago. I don't have any details, but I know he had a stroke in May of 2016 from which he recovered. I never met him, but we talked on the phone a number of times and even talked about going down to Belize where he had a place. We were Facebook friends, but I hadn't seen him post in a while. His account has been deactivated.

Rest in peace, Jack. You were one of the good ones.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93