Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Smile 1979 Hatt in Mich

Does anyone know anything about this boat? Any info is appreciated?

It is listed with Toledo beach west ,

Thanks
    Scott
    Last edited by scokat; 09-13-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: fixit

Re: 1979 Hatt in Mich

Is it the 53MY with the arctic white paint and the granite counter tops? If so, I have been aboard a couple of times and I moved the boat once. Send me a PM with your questions.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The one in Toledo is a very nice boat. The flooring in the galley, the table top of the dinette, and a few other things need re-doing. The galley has new corian counter tops and all new appliances. They re-built the washer and dryer with all new parts. The heads and showers are very clean. The wood around the windshields has some water marks but they replaced all the windshields last year. I am sure there are no leaks and a good oiling of the teak will clear that up for good. All the teak and afromosa needs cleaning and oiling. The flybridge is clean and nice. The wood up there is ready for a varnish job. The bimini top is very nice and has a light blue liner. The radars don't work because of a supposed lightning strike, (probably fuses). One engine was overhauled because of an oil leak that got bad and a cylinder was scored. The other engine has 2900 hrs. and the owner says it runs fine. They did pull the heads and said all was OK. The generator room is messy and the genny is original. No salt water for this boat at least for the last 25 years. Re-painted 4 years ago but not a perfect Hatteras white. It seems a bit whiter. The aft deck area is beautiful and needs only new counter tops. They are flat black formica and look cheaply done. There are no provisions for handling a dinghy as the owner never had one. The engine rooms have some parts and tools laying around in containers, but they are fairley clean. The paint on the engines is old. All hoses and clamps are new and the good blue ones. The bottom was blasted and barrier coated 4 years ago. Overall, a very nice boat. What kind of a price did they quote you?
    Last edited by Maynard Rupp; 09-14-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Is it the 53MY with the arctic white paint and the granite counter tops? If so, I have been aboard a couple of times and I moved the boat once. Send me a PM with your questions.
    No Sky, this boat is much better and un-molested. The name is Gail Warning. Jane and I looked at it. It has the un-popular twin bed arrangement. My wife just doesn't like the galley down because she feels like she is a hired cook and cannot be a part of the party going on in the salon. Oh well.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

If you are asking about the Gail Warnings, it is actually a 1978, not a 1979.

It is not the boat sky was talking about. It is located in Lasalle, michigan, but it is listed with toledo west yacht brokers.