Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9/11

Re: 9/11

I don't know what the odds are, but I knew two victims personally: a close buddy from college went into the south tower, and a family friend (who actually rescued my near-drowning brother in high school) was in the Pentagon.

Both were really good people, far better than the worthless trash behind the tragedy.

DAN

My soon-to-be son-in-law has been to the middle-east twice in the last four years. Came home both times with purple hearts and lots of bandages. The second time he had been injured, and while still in the middle-east waiting for his orders to return to the states, he was assigned to the mail room handling letters to families who's sons, husbands, and fathers weren't coming home. It affected him deeply as he had fought next to a number of those soldiers.

Today will be a time for reflection and sorrow for those lost seven years ago. It will also be a time of great pride in our troops, and unending gratitude.

KW

It's nice to know that guys like me can raise their families over here in safety, while the best we have are protecting us from far away.
    GOD BLESS you and your families for serving us in the armed forces of this here United States!

Never forget and never let up on the vermin who want to destroy our country and loved ones! God bless all who serve and have served, they should always have our gratitude and support. Be strong and keep the faith.

I was in Manhattan that day. Thanks to all who serve Uncle Sam.

I highly recommend "the Looming Tower", a book carefully detailing the globe trotting history of BL, and the CIA/FBI men who hunted him, BEFORE the towers were hit. Outstanding, and the best book relevant to 9/11.

My wife used to work in tower 2 and thank god her office moved a year earlier. And i used to work a block south on Cedar Street. The Sommelier and some cooks at the restaurant on top were known to me either personally or one removed. And friends ran in. All in all a day that still messes both of us up.

Thank God we have brave people in this country and my prayers to the families that have lost. Took a pic today of the lights from the aft deck and it was a subdued night as we contemplted the day. Friend was working in Goldman Sachs building today was subdued as well on the deck.

Best to you and yours, give them a hug and if they will understand, explain about the day to them and the sacrifices made.

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

I worked in the towers and lost my office that day. I was lucky enough to be one of the folks running through the streets to safety, I know/knew 3 young guys (35-ish) that were not as lucky as me. I thank and hold in utmost respect the police, firemen and our armed forces that do what they do day in and day out, so that we can lead the (we're all here on a yachting website) lives that we do. I saw uniformed people run INTO a situation that I was running AWAY from. I know that not all of them made it out. Bottom line to me .... try to take time to say thanks ... and may the family members and loved ones of the folks fallen on that day find comfort from within, family, friends and above.
    On another note, I had ordered a part for my boat from Sams and it was shipped to my office in the towers from the NC store. When I was in the FL. store recently they recognized my name and were glad to see me, because they wondered if the part that they had sent had been received by someone no longer with us. They then remembered sending a replacement, mine was in my office on the night of the 10th and never seen again. The folks at SAMS were the ultimate in pros and took care of me on a replacement. I had other vendors that charged extra because it was a redo. SAMS is a class act and I thank them. Anywho .... good night folks and lets all just say a thanks !
    45C360-1970 ... "Good Bait" - Sag Harbor,NY
    31 Bertram Bahia Mar-1970 ... "Bertramp" - Ft Lauderdale
    21 Whaler Impact-1996 ... Ft Lauderdale, FL/Sag Harbor, NY