Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1960's to 70's Chrome Door Handles on Ebay

If you are looking for old style (60's-70's) chrome door handles there are two left on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270247243987

They don't make these anymore and Sam's doesn't have.

Re: 1960's to 70's Chrome Door Handles on Ebay

Bought two from the guy in Dec 07, and that's my quote at the bottom identifying them as Hatt parts.

It seems he bumped the price, but I still am pretty happy with them and would do it again. I did have to mix and match with older hardware since he only had one style (lever and knob) and I needed knob-knob for head and stateroom. Worked out, though.

DAN

I bought two from him today - funny your quote in his description. I was ubber happy to see these – thought these were great ebay find. The plungers (?) on the acrylic wing doors of my 43 DC are rusted in open position. Gonna be sweeet to have them functioning again.

Dan - just read your quote - Your keyword "Hatteras Yacht" is exactly what I put in. You are a true blue HOF member - thanks for making that suggestion to seller.

Hey Scott,

Thanks. When I saw them last fall, the guy just said "old antique doorknobs found in barn"--he has really made out well from us.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8594

I was a little uneasy at first, but someone else on the forum also bought some and confirmed the fit. The door thickness did seem pretty close for the length of screws, but it did work on my boat.

I think you'll be pretty happy. In retrospect, my banged up and missing door hardware was more annoying than I realized at the time. New stuff there has improved my outlook considerably! It's pretty subtle, but grabbing a door knob and *not* feeling the head of a wrong set screw, chipped chrome, or bent knob shaft is great!

Enjoy,
    DAN

ps One more thing. After receiving my knobs, I learned they are all keyed alike. This is good for me, but others may want to match existing keys. Ebay auction 270213356760 is a kit for that. I exchanged email and the locksmith seller assures me that it will work, but as I said, I didn't need to so have not direct experience with the kit.

db
    Last edited by drburke; 09-10-2008 at 05:50 PM.