Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Chill !

Re: The Big Chill !

ROY-TOH Mate. Now get that keetle on the boil! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    If it's been sitting a long time You may have to flash the field windings to get output.

Brian

I agree Brian... I am waiting for my new 8 pin plug to show up and get the whole back (regulator) end put back together. I am just curious if the unit should make 220 vac without the Johnson board to provide excitation.
    I am still just floored at how good that son-of-a BEKE runs. I am really considering a lazarette install with a sound enclosure. Still debating whether or not to pipe it off the main tank or install a 50 gallon day tank. An additional deck fill and vent would be a snap to install. I still have a reverso transfer pump that would work too. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Why not put in a 50 gal tank with a sight guageand a vent. Then a single small line from a main tank and use the pump to transfer fuel as needed?

Consider a simple pipe frame with sound insulation blankets hanging from it. That give much better acces for maintenance.

http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/

Brian

Thats what I like about you man... yer always thinking! We used these at the plant around the spiraxial air compressors for ash handling. Picture a DD blower the size of your bathroom with a 75 HP motor driving it and 5 of them in a single room. You couldnt even think straight in there, yet outside was down to about 95 DbA. I like the pipe frame idea, altho a little "unyachtlike" sure makes sense for access. I was trying to devise easy to remove panels, but this may take some thought! ws
    http://www.acousticalsolutions.com/p...o_blankets.asp
    yachtsmanWILLY

That's just like you Bill. Always concerned about what the judges will think. I like that.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Bill a soft blanket can be better than a hard enclosure. I have the hard enclosure and it is hard to assemble and disassemble it plus it's a big PITA to get around.

If I had a choice between the hard hush box or soft blankets I know what I would choose.

Noise wise the soft enclosure can be every bit as good or even better than the hard box too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I believe the use of MW's marine-grade bronze pipe as a frame would be appropriately nautical and should fulfill all judge's expectations.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

How about the stainless tube and quick fittings used for railings?

Brian

Id have to polish the stainless for the judges, but what are the quick fittings you described? Is that like a curtain track? The blanket company has a myriad of hanger solutions. Mite even get the judges to part with some "brownie points" !! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

The stainless rail fittings that are used on our boats http://69.89.31.88/~tacomari/cat--Ra...at_elbows.html

Those are from Taco Metals if you want to go with that let me know I can get you the cheap I mean less expensive China fittings.

Brian