Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

View Poll Results: gulf coast rendezvous where?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • the wharf in orange beach alabama

21 56.76%
  • schooner pier complex in biloxi mississippi

14 37.84%
  • fort morgan marina and yacht club in gulf shores ala.

4 10.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Re: gulf coast rendezvous

Bigbill as far as the PA/STEREO, seems it would be better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it. I'm sure your deckhand would be happy to help load it. The Queen and I are looking forward to spending a little time with You and the Admiral. The Daquiri on the aft deck with Jimmy sounds good too.

Re: gulf coast rendezvous

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    greg my 15 year old is a girl. i will pick up some "hello my name is" tags, and bring them with me. great idea. i am still making a cheat sheet with boat name, screen name, home port, boat size/type, hull i.d., and real name to pass out to everybody there. bigbill
    Brenda and Robby Bendall from Mobile will be there.Nubies no boat yet.When will be the best time to be there?Robby

robby, we havn't set a time yet, i had mentioned 11:00am in an earlier post, but i think that might be too early. i will get with gulf coast hatteras and see what time they want to cook the shrimp. i'm sure people will be roaming the docks all day. we just need a time for the shrimp to be served. bigbill

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    robby, we havn't set a time yet, i had mentioned 11:00am in an earlier post, but i think that might be too early. i will get with gulf coast hatteras and see what time they want to cook the shrimp. i'm sure people will be roaming the docks all day. we just need a time for the shrimp to be served. bigbill
    OK If you would please do us a favor and tell us the name of your boat and a time and place to meet you it would be most helpful and we are thrilled at this opperunity.Robby

BigBill - We plan to attend so long as you guys don't mind seeing work in progress. We're completing mechanical issues this week but will not have time to complete the galley prior to event. This will be our first Hat event and are really looking forward to it.
    Capt Kenny
    "The Queen" 64' CPMY

Hey Bill, did you make it in this afternoon? We got the boat to The Wharf on Thursday and just got back home this evening. We left around 3:30 today and your slip was still empty. I was hoping that you might get there in time so that I would get to see you before we left, but it was not to be. I guess it is better this way because we would have started talking boats over cocktails and neither of us would have gotten home at a reasonable hour tonight!

There is a 50MY that I met last summer who stays at the Wharf all year round two slips over from mine named Banana Wind. The owner is a professional Captain on a larger vessel and this is his personal boat. Somehow he had not yet heard of our Rendezvous! I told him that we have been planning it for a while now and that it is really shaping up nicely. I also warned that our normally sedate end of the marina will be filled with a bunch of Hatt's next month all ready for a great time. He and his crew were excited and is looking forward to the festivities!

kenny, dont worry about what is not finished, BOATS ARE NEVER FINISHED, i wont have carpet in the bedrooms, and the formica for the dash is not in yet, plus a bunch of other stuff. byron, we delayed until friday the 1st, it was kind of windy on sunday, always remember, the trip to and from is part of the fun, it would not have been fun sunday. see you friday. bigbill

i talked to doug at sams, they are sending some goodies for the boats in attendance....THANKS SAMS MARINE,FOR THE FORUM AND THE GOODY BAGS.

Got up with Al a little while ago and it sounds like he's not going to be able to make it. Al's still shy about posting, so I thought I'd pass the word.

I'm still planning to come but may or may not bring my son depending on how things go over the next couple of weeks. Can anyone suggest hotels in the area?

One other thing, at the risk of making this appear self-serving, if anybody is in need of a good safe (or ten ), I can bring my truck (and trailer) instead of my car. It really would represent an opportunity to save members $$$ if there is a need. We all know things are getting rough out there crimewise, and yes, it would let me write off the trip.

hey randy, if you do bring your truck, i have a bow pulpit section of rail that i am donating to saltshaker, maybe you can bring it to tenn. and then ship it to him in new jersey to save $$$$$$ instead of shipping from mississippi. let me know... it measures 53inches by 53 inches. bigbill