Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Any way to fix a fender air valve?

I had the same problem and looked all over for a place to buy new valves. No one sells them. There are 2 types, one is threaded, the other is more of a bayonet type.

I called Taylor-Made and they sent me 3 of each type for free! Very good customer service on this call.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

A few weeks ago, I brought a split TM fender into West Marine and they replaced it no questions asked. Last week, I brought in the replacement fender with its leaky valve and had it replaced at West Marine, no questions asked.

You can replace a fender with the same model or larger. In the case of replacing with a larger fender, you just have to pay the difference.

I know a bunch of people that are always on the lookout for floating fenders after a moon tide or storm. Sometimes, they are salvagable and other times, they bring them over to West Marine for an exchange.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Heck, there's a WM less than a mile from here - sure worth a try!

West will replace your fenders, no questions asked. They actually take them, write up the report, and destroy the fenders right at the store. Taylor doesn't require them to send the fenders back, so it's an easy swap for everyone.

Me too, had exactly the same problem, old Taylor fenders, no receipt, West in Ft Lauderdale exchanged them straight away. West gets bashed a lot, but I had a terrific associate wait on me there as well.

George

Mike,

Just an afterthought...

If they dont have your particular fenders in stock, you may have to order and pay for them, and once they come in, return your defective ones. Sometimes WM has some red tape to work around when it comes to getting things into a store.

I stopped by WM - they will replace the fender. I didn't have the fender with me because I was in the little red car (the LRC - cant afford a Hatt LRC!). SO I'm a happy guy! I might have to lighten up on WM.

Thanks for the suggestion/info - it NEVER would have occurred to me.

I saw a guy at a marine store around here cutting the top piece of the fender off, the place the line goes to. He told me they send the top piece in with the replacment form and the fender maker re-uses the top piece.

How about that....

Captned