Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question New Tanks - Who, Where & Are you Happy?

Guys....been doing some searching on who makes a good aluminum tanks for replacements and came to the conclusion that it would be more thorough to just ask flat out....

So....If you recently bought some replacement tanks......who did you buy them from and were/are you happy with the quality of the tanks & service of your supplier?
    Thanks!
    TR
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

Re: New Tanks - Who, Where & Are you Happy?

i used atlantic coastal (www.speedytanks.com). would highly recommend them. easy to work with, delivered when promised, quality work. i know of 2 others who used them and were pleased. another friend used a local guy (long island, ny) who promised a quicker turnaraound and cheaper price, lost last season waiting when 4 days turned into 8 weeks and wrong size. good luck. if you have any questions, ask. aft cabins and sport fisherman projects have been done and discussed here. good luck.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

Question Re: New Tanks - Who, Where & Are you Happy?

Anybody else have any tank suppliers they would care to recommend?
    Thx!
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

Quote Originally Posted by ohiohatteras View Post
    Anybody else have any tank suppliers they would care to recommend?
    Thx!
    Talked to quite a few but I have to second the Atlantic Coastal (speedytanks) recommendation. Very pleasant and competent outfit.

Eric

ksh tanks out of Arizona.
    On time, on budget. I worked with them on 3 different tank configurations. best price around. They also warranty.
    Ask for Brian, the owner. He will work with you...
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Who ever you go with be sure they are coast guard approved.Most independent guys are not.You will need to draw out your tanks and fax to the builder and they will redraw them and after your approval then the build will start.Most times it will be 3 to 6 weeks for receiving them.R D S and Florida Marine Tanks are who we use.They have build most of the tanks marine industry aver the past 40 to 50 years.
    I looked into bladder tanks for my 34 but the 3,000.00 price tag for one blew that idea. Good luck
    1964,34' DC repaint and repowered,5.7 efi marine power 325hp.Cruise at 23 knt.

I have 2 USCG approved tanks for $2000 -including delivery -in 4 weeks. Marine grade aluminum, 3 baffles, 3 pickups, 1 vent, 1 fill, 1 tank sender in each tank.
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

q240z Guest

I second the vote for http://www.kshmarine.com/.

I had them build a new 420 gallon keel tank (actually two 210gal tanks welded together at the center) in aluminum. $2000 delivered and it's beeeeautiful.