Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Too many yanks!

Wink Re: Too many yanks!

Jersey Girl Here! Proud to be a YANKEE!!!! GO Yankees, Giants and Devils!!!
    PS...though...Living in and loving Florida...

Re: Too many yanks!

It seems Florida is mostly yanks!

Blue hairs from New Yawk. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Last Gringo from Hialeah....That's west Miami. Just watch CNN for 15 minutes and you'll see a reference. That puts me from the Sur ...uh make that the South, Krush, ha ha.

Greg
    Hat Time
    1985 45C
    Miami Beach

All New England here!!

Capt K

New York>New England>Illinois>Virginia>Maryland. So I'm 3/5 Yankee, 1/5 Old South, 1/5 Border State.

Except that when I meet other New Yorkers, I tell them I'm from the South. The Southern part of Manhattan- 14th Street

Florida Cracker
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Jim:

You are not from the south..of Manhattan. I used to live WAY south, at the north cove yacht harbor, next to the World Financial Center.

Now I live in Maryland, and was a bit shocked to see all the rebel flags in the southern part of Maryland. Maryland was the last state to ban slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    So over the past few days I've met 3 new HOF members. Everybody I've met in person from HOF is a damn yankee!

captddis: relocated yank
    Brian Deg: relocated yank
    Genesis: relocated yank
    Passages: currently a yank, don't know original port of call cuz no accent.

I think us Southern boys are outnumbered............

Krusher,
    I thought I told you that I have lived in FL for 29 of my 47 years!! I do not think you are even 29 years old yet, sooo I think I am more southern than you! Va is 1000 mi NORTH of me. Don't make Brian send his relatives after you. Dave

True Bayou Boy here, born and raised in the greater New Orleans area and been here all my life. I was smart enough to move out of the "bowl" to higher ground at age 11 when I asked to be sent to boarding school. Parents followed a year later and we've been above sea level ever since. They have thanked me PROFUSELY since Katrina because they would have lost everything had they stayed south of Lake Pontchartrain like many of my relatives. It is much easier to fight storm surges when you're above sea level to start!