Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: "The World's Finest"

I had just put in new fork seals and rolled her out to take the pic. THe fork boot rode up when I went over the driveway curb and I didn't notice it when I took the pic. I secure the boots with black tie-wraps to prevent that but hadn't got to it yet.

No, it's not an E start - regular old '73 kick-start with right-hand shift as God intended! Pretty much oem as it would have been when purchased other than an upgraded Lucas alternator (now THERE"S an oxymoron). It's a one-kick starter most of the time though if it hasn't been started in a couple of weeks it might take 3-4 kicks. Great bike!
    Last edited by MikeP; 09-11-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP
    Here's my 73 Commando ...
    What a beaut!

Seems we have a number of Norton owners/ex-owners on the forum.

Mine was red and silver

Several tales come to mind, but strongest is I was on an extended trip from TX to WA to CA to TX. When crossing the SFBay bridge, a car pulled up alongside and was gesturing at my bike. I was used to attention, and gave them a big smile and a thumbs up. They kept pointing, so I kept smiling and accepting the praise for my shiny toy. They STILL kept pointing, so I looked down and the #$%^&!!! oil tube had come off again and I was spraying 30W all across the bridge...

Much humbled, I pulled over and did yet another roadside repair. Whitworth, anyone?

DAN

Nowadays somebody would have called the environmental police and fined you for dumping oil!

Years ago we and everybody else we knew used to dump the used oil from oil changes around the foundation of our houses - NO termites ever!

I had a waste oil heating system so I never dumped it on the ground. I bet the old oil burner I had is now banned by the enviro police too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.