Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello All!

1. Smile Hello All!

How's it going guys!

Well it's been about a year now since our horrible boat fire, figured a good time to come and say hi to all those who supported us back then. It did come up as arson. Some luck.

We all are doing fine. Missing our boat like mad. Sad thing, once you own even an old hatt like ours everything else just seems like junk.

Worst part about it all, i sure do miss putting on my captains hat and heading out to Galveston bay. You just don't know how much salt water you have in your veins until you don't have it anymore. LOL 15 years on Galveston bay!

Good news is, i have a friend that might send us his larson 270 (lol) dingy for us to boat around in for a while down here.

I had to replace my phone a while back, i few of you who contacted me a while back please get with me again. I'm a captain and crew for hire and i sure work for peanuts Anyone need a boat sitter? LOL

Anyways hope all you old timers out there doing ok. I turned 30 this year. I guess i'm turning into an old salt myself huh?

Oh I almost forgot! We saved the back part of the boat with the name on it! Can ya believe it lol sucker is HEAVY! Gonna build a frame and hang it in the garage! I'll post some pics when it's done, just got it! It's all that's left of her after salvage. Everything was parted by the salvage yard and torn apart. Only thing left in the yard is a torn up scrap of her hull and only some part of the bow hull still remains. I have some pictures but damn it's a sad site!

Have fun, be safe and good God i hope diesel prices go down!
    ---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

Re: Hello All!

"It did come up as arson. Some luck."

Arson as in someone tried to burn you up / out????

Captned

Glad to see you back, Neosin! Hope you are searching for a replacement; looks like a pretty good time for that!

Regards,
    DAN

4. Angry Re: Hello All!

As in stole everything of value on the boat and set it ablaze....

Quote Originally Posted by Captned View Post
    "It did come up as arson. Some luck."

Arson as in someone tried to burn you up / out????

Captned
    ---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

Quote Originally Posted by neosin View Post
    As in stole everything of value on the boat and set it ablaze....

You do realize that in the long run, those kind of people WILL have to atone for their indescretions!! BTW the link to the pic wont open up. Email me with some and I can post them for you. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Nice to hear from you again!

Uhhhh, before you jump in and buy your next boat, wait a couple of days for that little blow headed your way to go by.

Seriously, hope you and yours hunker down real good and with any luck, Ike - though not expected - will loose some steam.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."