Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: News from Nantucket Boat Basin

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    While i am not impressed to much by either candidate, I think this election is by far the most exciting one we have had in decades. Just think, A black Candidate and a VP candidate that is female. What a win long term for the country.

Thinking about the chances my daughter could have (God Forbid!!!) if she wants makes me proud of this country again.

Noel

You sound like Michelle! I am ALWAYS proud of this country. Don't always agree with everything but always proud to be an American. And not a hyphenated American. Dave

Life is a funny old thing... I too am always proud to be an American and I am proud of my country, but at the same time I am not always proud of what she does every single time. For instance I am not proud of the response to Katrina nor am I proud of what we have been doing in Guantanamo Bay. Not the locking up of terrorists but the torture of them sure seems to be un-American to me. But I am very proud (and happy) to live in a land where I can express such views and only have to worry about being flamed and not arrested or murdered.

On the opposite side of the political spectrum I am sure that many here are also not to proud of the way our justice system lets crooks get away with crime after crime, the same with our abortion laws. I would think that lots of folks here are not to proud of them either, but they still love this country wholeheartedly as do I.

"A black Candidate"

Is 0-bama black? with a white mother and a black father, he's 50-50%... Women activist would even argue that the mother is more important than the father so... how can he call himself black?

"reponse to Katrina"? why does a segment of the population ALWAYS need to destroy, not follow the law and then expect help? and let's not forget that responsibility for preparing and first response comes for local governemnt...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    "A black Candidate"

Is 0-bama black? with a white mother and a black father, he's 50-50%... Women activist would even argue that the mother is more important than the father so... how can he call himself black?

"reponse to Katrina"? why does a segment of the population ALWAYS need to destroy, not follow the law and then expect help? and let's not forget that responsibility for preparing and first response comes for local governemnt...

Funny that when Hussein O was running in the primaries he was black and made no mention of his mothers side of the family who raised him and loved him. Now he is the dem nominee and he is bragging about his 'Kansas" values and how his mid west grandparents taught him how to be a good citizen.

Seems he is another opportunistic taker just in a good suit. I believe he is in this for himself and "his people" who ever they are.

He is absolutely the one foreign countries want as he will hand over the country pretty easily. Like taking candy from a baby. Promise him the muslim radicals will be our friends if he does something and I bet he does.

Hey Democrats. Wake up. I don't want to hear about the world community or the world economy. We are looking for a leader for America. If we want to lead the world economically we need to be stronger than the third world countries not equal. We can not help them be like us especially when many of them want nothing to do with us or want us dead.

Elect someone who looks out for the working families of America and will get jobs for the ones who don't work. Handing out entitlements is not helping but hurting our country.

Just in case you feel guilty about the "poor" because you have such a great life, You own a Hatteras, You live in a nice place. Remember you and your parents worked hard and earned the life you now have. If someone is willing to work hard they will succeed. If they don't work they do not deserve better.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

"he is bragging about his 'Kansas" values and how his mid west grandparents taught him how to be a good citizen."

has anybody noticed the farm equipment and barn he recently used as props for an interview to ABC's stephanoloulos? from the greek temple to the farm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qotHTtr30I

oh yeah, and he also admitted to "his muslim faith"...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    "A black Candidate"

Let's not forget that local government is still government and still America. I was not speaking of partisan politics, but of the response of American government. Not every issue is ALWAYS symbolic of conflict between our two major parties. As for the destruction of the city of New Orleans, I thought the flooding was a result of a storm and not "a segment of the population".