Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Hatteras pictures leaked!

Rumor has it that Brunswick is going to expand the hatteras line back into smaller boats in the 45' range. Seems that someone leaked a picture before they launch the boat at FLIBS...

what do you all think?
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: New Hatteras pictures leaked!

JUST KIDDING!!!

a carver dealer employee proudly posted that somewhere else, it's the new 44 Carver Sojourn... I can't imagine having to see these horrors on the water! Running into Mariner once in a while was bad enough, but this?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal - Don't do that.

I was scrolling down to the picture and almost spit my coffee on my monitor.
    You gotta save that stuff for April 1st

Carver just got a multi-million dollar tax break to expand their plant in Green Bay, WI. Apparently they are going to be building boats there up to 100 feet. Yes, that's right, a 100' Carver. I wonder if it will weigh more than my 53 Hatt, probably not.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That big carver is probably going to be like the old bluewaters. I saw a 48 I believe that would run with 2 454's and it planed. It also requires 4 straps to haul probably to prevent it from breaking in half.

Irwin is no slouch. If he gets the tax break he will build th eplant and make money off it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

sorry about that... i coudlnt' resist!

the plant is probably going to be for the Marquis line? Carver (and Silverton) is taking a page out the Jap automaker book... like toyota/lexus, etc...

actually, some of the larger Carvers and Marquis aren't bad looking (considering).. same with Silverton, they're convertibles, even the small 34 is a pretty good looking boat. it's not a battle wagon but not everybody needs a battlewagon.

but when these guys try to get creative to squeeze 5' square foot? yikes!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

They should move the bridge all the way to the bow and give much more room aft, also should add more styling over the whole boat, possibly add some stuff under the water line.

Pascal have you seen the postings regarding the carver on the Boat us page? THe particular model shown on that page is a real ugly one. One poster stated that his dad told him that "if it floats it is beautiful" My reply was that some turds float.

Carver just keeps outdoing itself in the design department, I always wonder what they will come out with next to be more awful. To me, you just can't beat the lines of a classic like this show pony:

Quote Originally Posted by 67hat34c View Post
    Pascal have you seen the postings regarding the carver on the Boat us page? THe particular model shown on that page is a real ugly one. One poster stated that his dad told him that "if it floats it is beautiful" My reply was that some turds float.
    ROFLAO

Steve that was a good one still laughing!!!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>