Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: A great work of fiction

I heard this morning that they are spending $57Million on this party in Denver! Also, there were 116 private jets on the ground this morning in Denver that have flown in all the lobbyists, polititians and other VIP's in for the big party. So much for being in tough with the regular people! How many carbon footprints for a G4? Green my A$$! LOL

Byron, come on.

You know they all bought carbon offsets from Al Gore's company "Offsets R Us".

What could be greener than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Krush you need to take a bit of time and research some. His wife is the business mind in the crew. Not only does she have a nice rack but she owns a beer distributorship. McCain has actually not needed to earn most of his net worth. He made his money the old fashioned way. Married it.
    Hear tell that she is a major stockholder of Ann Hizer-Bush and that when the $55+Billion comes in, her share will allow them to be able to pay off those 7 houses. Frankly I am jealous...sorry not ready to redistribute all their wealth for them. Shoot, I have many high school classmates who are milliionaires and that don't go very far at all. One of them won the lottery so he got a new floor welded into his pickup (true!).

P.s., be careful with your facetious (sarcastic?) comments about dem dems...I got flamed big time on another post by a west coaster for quoting one of the candidates...shame on me...guess I should ignore sound bites I've heard- at least don't repeat them. Infrastructure? I've been to China and they're very green...check out their toilets...way ahead of us...no water in the bowl at all- we are like sooo wasteful. Sadly, they are big fans of Buick's- they must get over that...how bourgeois!
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 08-28-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

I don't care that either of them have some change in the bank. I'm not jealous or for wealth redistribution or crap like that.

My question is how does a career navy man turned "public servant" get the opportunity to accrue 40mil in net worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    He made his money the old fashioned way. Married it.
    McCain was not a wealthy man during his first marriage. When he married Cindy, she brought significant wealth into the marriage that she had inherited from her father. They then began many years of investing together (with her initial cash and/or credit outlay) buying and selling real estate among other investments and that is how he has built up his net worth. As is so often the case, it takes money to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    See, that's where I screwed up. Not marrying money.

What was I thinking?

Does your wife use a computer, Jim? She doesn't have this forum's address, does she?

K

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I don't care that either of them have some change in the bank. I'm not jealous or for wealth redistribution or crap like that.

My question is how does a career navy man turned "public servant" get the opportunity to accrue 40mil in net worth?

If you like McCains wealth, look at the Clintons! They became fabulously wealthy while in office. Politics [ and Chinese spies] pay well.

McCains first wife was also hot but when he got out of the Hanoi Hilton she got ugly so he got rid of her and married another hottie with a lot of cash.

Never seen photos of what Cindy looked like as a younger woman but she must have been something else because as an older woman she is still smokin.

Well for what he endoured during his less than pleasant visit to the Hanoi Hilton for I think 4 years or more I think he deserves what ever change he has in the bank.

Remember the talk around a year ago when some news agency was reporting that McCain should not be able to run for president because he was not born in the US? Born on a US Military base in Panama I believe. His dad and grandfather were both Admirals. In my book you cant get much more "american " than that.

As far as investing, if you know anything about Arizona you will know that you could purchase property in the 70's for nothing and that area took off and prices went crazy especially Scottsdale. I would guess that if they invested years ago that there is good chance of making the type of wealth that he is reporting. Well in the next few months I am sure the Dems will try to dig something up about his wealth so we will see.

it's not fiction, it is pure deception

here is a clip EVERY voter should see before election day...

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pretty much sums it up.