Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Full Cost of an AwlGrip Paint Job

My 55 is in great shape with minimal glass issues and generally nice but high maintainance painted surfaces (i.e. lots of continuous buffing required to keep it shining). What should the cost of an Awlgrip paint job be - hull and top sides (boat has no tower)? Many Thanks

True Grit

Re: Full Cost of an AwlGrip Paint Job

A grand a foot is not unreasonable. If the boat is in great shape and the paint is solid it still needs to be sanded, primed, faired and prepped before the paint goes on. I can say from experience that hull and deck repairs add to the process but not as much as you may think. Preparation is 95% of the job.

With the market being a bit weak you may be able to get it done for a little less but the quality jobs are going to hold their price.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Full Cost of an AwlGrip Paint Job

That is a good estimate of a complete paint job. Our Awlgrip job came closer to $850/ft (before the while you're in there's) but I am not in South FL. After seeing your recent threads about a repaint and a repower with C32, you really should consider a package refit with Jarret Bay. You're ready to drop some coin on your boat so why not try to do it all in one place where you can save some money and have it all done at once by a very well respected yard? I suspect that it would add value to the boat in the future to be able to say "C32 Repower and Complete Repaint by Jarret Bay 2009"!

HAVE FUN!