Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I guess we are losing.

I just received 2 letters from my mortgage company telling me about new programs that I may want to take advantage of. Interestingly enough they were in 2 languages. Spanish first and then English. My last name is not Latin and I do not speak Spanish so why am I getting these letters in Spanish?

I thought it was bad enough when I was reading a form from Florida Unemployment that had a second page with 8 or 10 other languages inserted in the same envelope but at least their letter was in English.

Why would a company doing business in America so quickly discount our language and culture?

I try to buy American when possible but I see less American products and more discounted imports. Too bad for Americans. Now even the Mortgage companies and Banks are catering to foreigners and forgetting us Americans who are the foundation the built their business on. Its a shame that when my Family came here they were proud to learn English and become an American while today people would be ashamed of doing the same.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: I guess we are losing.

Get used to it. US demographics are changing with Latino the fastest growing segment. I read last week the whites will be a US minority in 30 years.

This will be great for our kids as white people will then be eligible for affirmative action programs.

/sarcasm

I'm Jewish. I should be able to use the slavery card but no one seems to listen. It only goes one way and that sucks for everybody. Soon there will be more recipients that donors.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I thought you spoke spanglish.

Only the wife speaks spanglish. My Kids Jewban. maybe he can get free stuff for being of minority descent.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

It is time to learn Spanish.. With the trends it only makes sense.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Interestingly enough the local "spanish only speakers" understand English real well when it suits them. I understand spanish well enough to know what they are saying but try not to let on. as for speaking it "no me gusta". Yo no hablo espanol en la estados unidos.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Saludos from the 51st State!

If I was at home in Texas everything from tax forms to ballots to drivers license test would be in English and Spanish. Not here. If we become a state nothing would change. Less than half of the children graduate from high school and I heard this morning that, out of a population of 4 million, 1.3 million are below the poverty level and on welfare provided by you generous mainlanders. We pay no federal taxes but get $18 BILLION a year from the U.S. The governor has been charged with 22 fereral counts of election fraud and influence peddling, etc. but everything just keeps plodding along doing photo ops and running for re-election in Nov. It really is sad because this an absolute tropical paradise and the people are great, friendly people (until they get behind the wheel), so I guess you have to just take this all in stride and look the other way.

Come on down here and you can see what it will be/or is like in Texas or Florida.
    Life is good!

What's diesel cost in Puerto Rico these days?

It's funny that people think I'm joking when I call Puerto Rico a freeloader. I just tell 'em I'm serious, not worth explaining why.