Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

What would a 43 DC cost today?

My family have been asking me what they think my 1976 43DC with FB would go for these days brand new. I have twin Cummins VT903M’s at 400HP each and all new electronics. I figured around $800,000 but just a complete guestimate. Any ideas on what would be closer to reality?

I bought this old girl for $66k in December 07 and have been working hard to restore her – put 70 hours on engines so far – so good, no oil burn at all and oil has stayed clean, only 1300 hours on engines at time I bought her.

Re: What would a 43 DC cost today?

if a Seamaxtonmerlinver 40/42 can go for .. 600k? i'd say with hatteras quality 800k would be in the ball park.

SeaRay re invented the wheel a few years ago with their 40ish "motoryacht", with what is just a classic DC layout in a Nike shoe/chlorox bottle shell. trouble is that even with more beam, they dont' offer more space... go figure that one...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

800k plus, just look at what a new hinkley in the low 40' range cost and they dont even come close to the build cost of the Hatteras.

A new 56MY Hatt costs just under $2M before options. So, I'd put a 43MY (if they made one now) at over $1M.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

My 2006 survey indicated replacement at $785,000.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

6. Re: What would a 43 DC cost today?

I would guess between $750k and $1m, but good luck finding something with that level of craftsmanship in a production boat built today.

The problem is that in the under-50-to-55ish category the cost of building 'em like Hatt does is prohibitive and nobody will buy them when put up against the floating condos, as "doing it right" results in a price 2x that of the competitors.

This penalty gets less severe in the larger vessels, and it is largely why Hatteras stopped building the smaller stuff.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker