Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Re: When I do die, do die...

This thread appears to be getting a little morbid, maybe because autumn is just around the corner, or boats keep falling apart, I don't know.

I personally know of one guy who owns a 1966 41C who is in the "preparation business" (as in funeral director) and as such has the dryiest sense of humor you can possibly think of.....you had better be listening when he speaks or you won't get it!

So ED give us a couple of your veiled words if you're on this here forum!

You Guys are getting a little twisting here

Mark since I can't afford to bring the boat back and forth between N.Y and Fl when I retire due to Fuel cost. If you leave Bandit to me I can have a North and South boat and you Know Ill keep her pretty
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Hey thats a good idea. Once we get the Hatt club going, we can get everyone to leave their yachts to the club then we can clean them up and sell them to a suitable home that passes our inspection and take the proceeds to grow the club. If we make it an official club it could be a tax dedutable donation and we could sell it without incurring income tax. The $$$ will go to fuel and insurance and our own yacht university. What a deal.

Then krush could come to our University to learn about Hatts and we could charge him big $$$$$. lol

garyd
    Have Fun Boating

I must say that my very mild mannered 91YOA father becomes grumpy for days and snippy, if we do a run and he is not at the wheel for an extended period. He has a hard time standing up from sitting sometimes, but after he lurked last run, waiting for his turn, he almost jumped up to take the helm when I offered...lol. Quickest he has been up in a while.

He still has sharp eyes and can often make out objects at a distance before I can! I must say I am very encouraged by the 41DC refit...makes you want to keep onward with the projects and maintenance!
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 08-24-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typo
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quit talking about sinking these fine boats. Can't you leave a few for the those of us who are still around to enjoy them?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Quit talking about sinking these fine boats. Can't you leave a few for the those of us who are still around to enjoy them?
    I agree, I don't want my boat to go when I go either. I'd rather think that there will still be many Classic Hatt's for the next generations to enjoy as long as possible. Heck, maybe Krush will even get a Hatteras someday!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    I agree, I don't want my boat to go when I go either. I'd rather think that there will still be many Classic Hatt's for the next generations to enjoy as long as possible. Heck, maybe Krush will even get a Hatteras someday!LOL
    Last I heard he's got a deposit on a Carver? Aperantly the the metro centric molecular distribution of resin molecules B6 and X11 are in better balance on the Carver as oposed to the Hat.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post
    Last I heard he's got a deposit on a Carver? Aperantly the the metro centric molecular distribution of resin molecules B6 and X11 are in better balance on the Carver as oposed to the Hat.

Brian
    No disrespect to Carver buyer's, but an acquaintance/friend and former Hatt owner went to a glorious, sleek (clorox bottle look) new big Carver. Next I hear is that it "blows around in the wind" and he is looking to part company, but would take major hit, although it was purchased at a major discount, as it was over a year old and untitled.

I'd think I'd for sure be looking at a newer Hatt, if I could afford the long green for a new Carver/Sea R..., etc. Salivation is for a larger cockpit MY, but approaching retirement will scotch that forever...oh, Mr. Lottery Man...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...