Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

When I do die, do die...

Riding around with 5th grade G'daughter in the back seat of the Pk Ave. I've had the boat for 11 years and she has been coming aboard since she can remember. She starts asking legal questions! "Grandpa, if you die, what happens to the boat?"...well, glad someone is thinking of that. I think some of her best times have been aboard, so the Hatts are the ride on and to the fun factory, Mack Isle, etc.

We feel the same way about her (the boat that is) and of course the g'daughter. Her Dad just started to really get into the boat this last year or so, since they can be intimidating the first few years of operation.

So, a nice note about Hatts...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: When I do die, do die...

I like the Viking (the boatmen, not the boat) approach. When I go, just tow me out to the canyons, dump about 50 gal of diesel in the bilge, and just light her up and let me go.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Bob-
    I have a better idea. I'll tow YOU out to the canyon and do some trolling.

Why waste diesel & bait? Not to mention a perfectly good 43 Hatteras.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Giovanniello View Post
    Part of our charter offering is Burial At Sea.

It's the next Green thing.

Other than that, in my search for project boats over the years, I've come acrosss several vessels whose family refused to sell after its owner passed on.

They continue to pay storage and boats will just sit and wither (only the wood parts rot), in order to honor the owner.

I think I'd like someone to have my boat who would take care of it, make it better than I could, and use it, (how much real help I actually get from the family factors into the decision) and keep the boat alive in spite of me.
    Thats pretty good to hear Mark! When my mom died in '90 in Ft Pierce, she was cremated after the organ donation and the ashes spread at sea by the Neptune Society. My will stipulates Snail Shell harbor (Sky!) and the boats all go to those who would appreciate them; the one caveat being they cant be sold, but rather donated to an org like Sea Scouts etc for training future warriors! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Bob-
    I have a better idea. I'll tow YOU out to the canyon and do some trolling.

Why waste diesel & bait? Not to mention a perfectly good 43 Hatteras.
    If I can't take her with me, then I'm not going!
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I did a burial at sea back in the 70s when I had a charter boat on Long Island (actually it was an open boat or head boat as they're called) Anyway one of my regular customers died so his family hired the boat to spread his ashes on one of his favorite fishing spots. So with 72 people aboard we headed out it was a little snotty and we were getting some spray. When I stopped the boat over the spot Grandma didn't wait for a plan she just opened the ern and dumped directly into a 15 MPH breeze. Grandpa's remains got blown back all over everyone and even worse got stuck on the wet boat. Now we had people with handkerchief's and paper towels trying to get him overboard. I ended up telling the deckhands to wash him off with the fire hose as the family watched in horror.

Brian

7. Re: When I do die, do die...

LOL!

When I had Gigabite I had standing "orders" with my friends that should I pass, they were to place me in the helm chair, take the boat out to the Canyon, engage propulsion with the autopilot pointing due south, turn off the bilge pumps and then go below and slash the intake hoses.

Oh, and bring a second boat

Let me go off into the sunset, as God intended, then the sharks get their turn.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Sometimes I think she is kept up, in order to be ready for that next to the last day. I need to make a deal with one of my cohearts to get me behind the wheel hands on throttles headed out to sea. 40 gallons per hour will be cheaper for them in the long run. They can do whatever they want with her after...
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    LOL!

When I had Gigabite I had standing "orders" with my friends that should I pass, they were to place me in the helm chair, take the boat out to the Canyon, engage propulsion with the autopilot pointing due south, turn off the bilge pumps and then go below and slash the intake hoses.

Oh, and bring a second boat

Let me go off into the sunset, as God intended, then the sharks get their turn.
    One minor miscalculation, Karl. The sunset is in the west, not the south.

10. Re: When I do die, do die...

I know. But South goes further, and it'll be over my right shoulder.

Good enough, never mind that she'll sink before too long
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker