Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fay Blows...

Re: Fay Blows...

Before I even read the story I knew it had to be a sail boater.
    Regards,

Doug L.

I just got back from my boat. The water is up more than 2 feet, but all is well. We have had more than 26" of rain since the storm came through on Tuesday. Just getting to the boat usually takes me 20 mins took well over an hour. Driving through flooded streets with water approaching the top of my hood on my Dodge Ram.

My Hatteras license plate is the only loss I have so far, as the flood water ripped it off my truck. Looks like I'll have to order another one from Sam's.

I'll post some pics of the water shortly.

Jason

Here's from my house to the boat.
    Attached Images

Passing Lamplighter Village, under up to 6 feet of water. National Guard came in to rescue residents as we drove past. One of their Hummers endind up sideways in a ditch!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by J's Dream; 08-21-2008 at 09:56 PM.

One more flooding pic, and then finally got to the boat, which was just the way I left it.
    Attached Images

Went over yesterday to review lines and fenders. Added a few fenders and re adjusted some lines. Water is at the bottom of the dock and expeced to go over the dock. When this happens the marina will shut down the power and water to the docks.

Another Hatteras owner who lives on his 58 has been watching over my boat and others. Has been adjusting lines when needed. That is a huge help.

Would have to guess the intercoastal's salinity will be deluted quit a bit, about 25% I would guess. So slower growth I would guess.

Jay's Dream .... Nice pictures of your 45 !! I think that we met last year at the Lauderdale show. Looks like things were a lot worse by you than here in Lauderdale.
    Stay dry ....and watch out for alligators in the streets (yikes) !
    45C360-1970 ... "Good Bait" - Sag Harbor,NY
    31 Bertram Bahia Mar-1970 ... "Bertramp" - Ft Lauderdale
    21 Whaler Impact-1996 ... Ft Lauderdale, FL/Sag Harbor, NY

They opened the locks going to Pt Canaveral and are letting the water out of the intercoastal. I did not believe they would do this as would the sediment block or interfear with the doors when they go to close them?. Anyhow they tell me the water in our marina has come down about 4" thus far.

Just got an email from our friends that live aboard in Amelia Island, FL. TS Fay has hit pretty hard there. They said 2 boats have already sunk in the marina and another one broke away and is stuck in the marsh. They are not aboard right now, as their boat is on the hard, having work done.

wow, sinkings from a 50mph TS?? Amelia is pretty sheltered too... what kind of boats? open boats,sailboats with insuficient bilge pumps?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat