Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fay Blows...

Fay Blows...

Not a real big event. Doubled up my lines, made a small spider web. Didn't even turn the boat around in the slip. (I dock bow in.) lot of rain, steady wind / some rain all day as she moves away thru central Florida tonight heading to the east coast. Supposed to turn back onto Florida after going into the Atlantic. Jacksonville folk watch out! Top wind gust according to my Davis system was 54 mph at 1:28 in the morning last night. Scotch intake was slightly higher than normal. Slept right through it all.

Cheers,

Captned
    Miami Beach Mishap Marina
    78 46 CON

Re: Fay Blows...

Tampa here and reporting in sir................. not much to report, alittle more wind than normal..no rain, we usually get rain every afternoon. NO school today but we go back tomorrow...hope the rest of our Florida friends are all safe and sound!

Cheers, Laurie & Jim

Went over on sunday and threw on a couple of extra lines, thought storm was only going up the state. Now it is crossing and going right over merritt island so I left work early today and went back over, took down bimini top , mooring cover and re adjusted lines and added another spring line. We are behind the lock an fairly well secluded so no wave action at all, no tide action just wind and slips are very narrow.

Welaka St Johns River here, we have added a few extra lines, both bimini's down, secured the dingy. We are bow out and just sitting out the rain....
    We havent gotten much rain or wind yet.
    Lebitch
    73 Hatteras 38' DC

AKA Cast Off and Blast Off

5. Re: Fay Blows...

This guy lost his boat due to Fay... And a few dumb moves by him..

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/weathe...16908&catid=29
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Thanks Laurie, glad no problems...

Funny that the news guys all say "The area is flooding". Well gee, we sure need the rain! Why are they always negative on the news? Hope it heads up to the Carolina's and rains for 6 days..

Captned

Talked to a live aboard at my marina last night. Said the water has come up about 1.5'. He was walking the docks checking on others boats, said mine was fine.

Capt'n Bill here in Athens, GA. Probably won't get a drop of (much needed) Fay's rain as - usual.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    This guy lost his boat due to Fay... And a few dumb moves by him..

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/weathe...16908&catid=29

Having just read the article this guy is LUCKY! Hopefully his totaled boat will prevent him from future plans to sail around the world and inevitably killing himself (and any passengers) along the way.

Not to mention trashing another beach.

BTW, there's a beach in the Bahamas that knows how to handle these things you know. LOL.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

got to feel sorry for the guy... nicely restored, that old woodie had nice lines, too bad.

The St augustine Inlet is well marked, although like all inlets charts dont' mean anything due to changing conditions... you need to do your home work, folllow the markers and in doubt hail local boats for updates.

hopefully he learned and will stay on land.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat