Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Sad Day in New Bern and All Hatteras Owners

Dr. Jim, you seem to think big oil gets windfall profits without taxation? Yes they have record profits with Exxon Mobil making $1100.00 per second. However did you know thats after they pay the good old USA $4000.00 per second in taxes!!! Yes thats right $4000.00 per second in taxes. That doesn't count the 18.5 cents federal and in my state 30 cents per gallon taxes collected. A 7% net profit is what they make!!! Compare that to Microsoft, 35% and you'll see that windfall profits are a bunch of bull@%*#!!!!!! The only windfall profittaker is uncle Sam who doesn't produce a thing!!!!!

I wish all big American corporations could make huge profits. Wouldn't that be great. Then they could hire more people, pay them more, build new plants, etc, etc. When did profit become a dirty word?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I wish all big American corporations could make huge profits. Wouldn't that be great. Then they could hire more people, pay them more, build new plants, etc, etc. When did profit become a dirty word?
    When liberal politicians learned they could buy votes with other peoples money. If you think about it it's pretty clever. Having a tough time making ends meet? Just vote for me and I'll give you Sky's money.

Brian

Amen, Brian and Sky!!!!

Attached Images

Guilty, as charged....I didn't see the last line. My apologies. Sorry about that, chief. (red face)

7. Re: Sad Day in New Bern and All Hatteras Owners

I almost fell for his humor...... But he's kinda like "freebird". Likes to stir things up a lot.... I learned a while back to read his entire rants... He's actually very good at it....

Also notice he is NOT a Hatteras owner.... Am guessing he's not tall enuff to see over the steering wheel...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    Also notice he is NOT a Hatteras owner.... Am guessing he's not tall enuff to see over the steering wheel...
    How bout loaning me some cash?

Neither a borrower or a lender be....

LOL Krush, do the investment 401K thingy for awhile first. It pays off.
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    LOL Krush, do the investment 401K thingy for awhile first. It pays off.

Yeah right. Lots of suckers right now in 401k's. I put in enough to get my match, but not a penny more. The choices I got ain't so hot, but there is one that does some bonds/cash that has done about 0.4% average the 1-2 years. Can't really complain about that.