Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 48 Cpmy 1995

48 Cpmy 1995

There is a 48' Cockipt MY for sale by a broker in Ft Lauderdale asking $298K. This is a relatively late model for that asking price. I was aboard the boat last week and she looks decent. The paint is good, the engineroom is clean, the interior is nice although the decorating may not be to everyone's liking. The galley floor vinyl needs a redo as its peeling at the edges. The canvas is OK but will need replacing soon. The FB cushions are near the end. There is no aft deck furniture. I was only on this boat for like 10 minutes, so don't accept this as an in depth report. For the $$, this looks like it could be a nice buy on a "later" model. She has been getting quite a bit of action from what I am told.

This is not a commercial posting. I am not the listing broker on this boat.

I watch the market and I have been seeing some really nice buys go past. I feel like I should mention this stuff to you all when I see it. Some recent "buys" I have noticed: a 1985 series II 36 Conv. with T-671ti's, never fished, looked decent SOLD for $50K. And a 1979 Cockpit MY (this is like a 53 ED with a 5' cockpit) broker friend told me she was a solid "8" and she SOLD for $220K.

Re: 48 Cpmy 1995

Sea Eric

Did you happen to note that a 1980 58 Yacht Fish is on the market for $150K in Key West? Talked to the broker, no pictures on yachtworld just a listing, told that the port engine needs a major overhaul which makes me wonder what else needs to be done.

If the owner can't spring for the 20K on a rebuild, what else on the boat did he let go?

Spin

I saw that boat last year.

If any of you like that boat for the price, contact me, since I have a 48 M/Y (same series) that in my biased opinion shows newer, has the 8v92's (with 6v92's that boat should be a little bit underpowered if it handles anything like mine) and I am planning to list my boat for sale in a few months for little more money.

By the way my engines have less than 100H since they were rebuild by Covington in NC.[a $63K bill the previous owner paid ¿? [Brand new blowers, turbos, the works].

Unfortunately, my plans changed and I have very little time to enjoy/ take care of the boat.

Joe.

Do these boats really draw 5'6"??
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

Yes, I believe it is 5"3'' according to the books.

Joe

I'm not sure about the 48 CPMY draft, but the 58YF draft is 4'10" and the 53MY draft is 4'. The extra 10" is due to the extended shafts. I would imagine a similar difference between the 43M/Y and the 48 CPMY.

The 90's 48CMY is not a semi-displacement Hargrave hull. It is more of a deep vee with deep gear reduction and large 5 bladed wheels. This boat draws more water than the older 43, 48, 53, 58 etc. It is not a traditional Hatteras and is more like the new boats which were designed to go fast and do not perform as well at hull speed.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I really like the looks and layout of this boat and had hoped to add it to my "one day" list but 5' 6" won't work on the Gulf Coast.
    Last edited by Mambeaux; 08-19-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

In the sequence of replies to the original question, I've lost track of what boat size the comments are referring to. However, for the 48 Hatteras motor yacht or CPMY, according to McKnew/Parker Guide, the draft is 3'11". Karl

Joe,
    I am interested in a 48' and would like to talk to you about your boat.
    How can I reach you?
    Eric