Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

1965 41 DCMY Refit

Loose Change is getting a major refit at the Rivolta Yacht factory in Sarasota FL. For those interested in following the action I have attached a few photos. I will attempt to post others as the project progresses.

We have owned Loose Change for 26 years. This is her third refit since we bought her and the first that someone other than me will perform. The major work scope includes replacing the original saloon side windows and frames with non-opening windows in new custom frames that (hopefully) won't require perpetual leak repair and will maintain the classic look of the curved window openings. The forward corner saloon windows will be eliminated and replace with solid fiberglass and the forward saloon windows and frames will be replaced with removable fiberglass panels - also hopefully leak free. Also planned is new vinyl on the saloon upper side and front walls and matching headliner and complete exterior painting with Awlcraft. It's also time to replace the 26 year old radar and electronics with a new integrated system.

Refit work completed by me during the last couple of years include DDC 6V53 and Velvet Drive overhauls, replacing the original Cruisair units with new ones, installation of a waste holding tank, new 660 amphour ship's battery, Xantrex MS2000 inverter/charger with auto generator start, Xantrex battery monitor, Balmar three stage voltage regulator on the starboard engine and updating of the 12VDC circuits to current standards.

When the refit is completed she should still look like the classic she is, but perform and cruise like a new 41 Hat MY (if they were to build one).
    Attached Images