Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Radar

Mike36c Guest

Wanted: Radar

Good morning all, I'm looking for a good used 4 to 6kw open array radar, preferably a late model removed to make way for a network. Reply here or E-mail at msgoodale@aol.com Thanks, Mike

heyboo Guest

radar

I have an open arry from Furuno. I'm unsure of the nomenclature as it's in storage. I can get it if you or anyone else would be interested. It's the smallest array Furuno makes... 24 miles. Actually I ended up with two identical ones when I was searching for myself...and chose the one never installed. It's very clean and the paint and decal is very very good. It is capable to NAVNET. I did it with the Furuno 1722C series and it works perfectly. Now I would like to integrate a sounder. I really don't know the value on these things anymore but will ask $550 + shipping. I'm in Baltimore.

Bob

Walter Pereira Guest

open array Furuno

Bob.... How powerful is this unit (KW) and how old is it.
    I may have an interest in it for one of our smaller boats in Fla. I am in NJ so I can drive down to the Baltimore area to check it out and possibly purchase... Please call me at 732-911-5665 (cell) to discuss... Thanks Walt

Mike36c Guest

Radar

I bought a new 10kw but have a furuno 1721 mark2 for sale. It's a 24 mile unit with radome, 2.2kw (I think) and in good shape. Mike

heyboo Guest

radar

Sorry for the delay Walt. Here is what I have thus far:

Type: RSB-0047

heyboo Guest

RADAR

Sorry for the delay Walt. Here is what I have thus far:

Type: RSB-0047
    Serial #: R028-0949

I believe I have a pretty fair amount of cable for it as well. I will have to either find or dig out my manual for the one I installed or see if I can cross reference with the Furuno website which you might get to before I will. Thanks.

Bob