Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salvage, Bahamas style...

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Salvage, Bahamas style...

Holy SH$#(&$(@&$T!!

Maked for a quick clean-up, though.

K

I kept waiting to see the engines come out, but it didn't see anything except a thin plastic skin and some cardboard.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That sure beat the pants off of cutting it into 1X1 foot squares with a skil saw for the dumpster! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I kept waiting to see the engines come out, but it didn't see anything except a thin plastic skin and some cardboard.
    I bet the engines were gone before she floated up on shore. Its a shame someone might have been able to repower their mini with them.

It looked too easy to "disassemble" for my comfort
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

That is crazy?! I hope the engines were gone, some of those SR's have the slick QSM's for power...

Seems like a lot of components could have been saved... Such is life~

Notice the electronics on the flybridge roof managed to "vanish" by the second photo before the heavy equipment even arrived. Still lots of good parts trashed. Bummer!

Lost World?

Reminds me of a pair of T-Rex's picking at a Brontosaur.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

A couple years a very nice 33 Bertram ran up on the beach on the east coast. It was sad to see the excavator smash that one up !!

It is spooky how quickly a pile of rubbel can be made out of what was recently a nice boat in a matter of moments. We saw so many vessels after Hurricane Katrina that were abandoned, partially sunk, haphazardly salvaged by unscrupulous individuals, etc. Several are still lingering around in my area and nobody will take blame and claim them.

Amazingly almost none of the boats that made it to the insurance yards before auction still had ANY electronics left on them! I bet there was a big rush of used marine electronics showing up on ebay during the months right after the storm. Marine luting was in full swing. Pretty scary stuff! I was locked and loaded on board, ready for any uninvited visitors!