Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 53 MY Drawing?

53 MY Drawing?

Does anyone have a silouette drawing of a 53 MY? I see lots of great photos, but drawings of our classics are hard to find. Thanks in advance
    Skip
    Mad Hatteras
    53 MY

I drink because of Navy football

Re: 53 MY Drawing?

Try Thomas Slane Jr. Here's a link to a previous post. http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...eras+paintings
    Mike

Pull out your graving plan from Hatteras.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yep, that "drawing" is in the original Hatt paperwork with the boat. If you don't have the oem stuff, you can get it all from Hatt for around $75 if you give them your hull number. This is "MUST HAVE" documentation, with all the diagrams, electrical circuitry and the specific info/instructions on all the systems that were on your boat when it left Hatt.

The profile line drawing of the 53 is also in the Hargrave book.

It's also in some of the price / spec lists.. i have it but no scanner right now...

Speaking of Jack Hargrave, there is an article on him in Yachting Rag. some interesting tid bits on him and his career like the fact that he was blind in one eye or that he designed Ft Lauderdale well known Jungle Queen.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat