Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Garmin Vs. Raymarine

I was leaning toward Garmin several weeks ago, but am now very close to buying a Furuno 3D system. It's features and functions read very well, but it is hard to find anyone that has experience with it.

Does anyone here have experience with the Furuno 3D system?

Re: Garmin Vs. Raymarine

When buying a new system for my boat, I was told by a Furuno dealer that there have been many issues with the touch screen Furuno Nav Net 3 D systems. He said that the touch screen models have been "locking up" and are not able to be unlocked or reset/rebooted. He said that if were to choose the Furuno to get the no touch unit. He didn't stock either unit, so I know he wasn't trying to sell me something he couldn't get rid of. I ended up deciding on a complete Ray E120 system with HD scanner, with all of the bell and whistle system add ons I could get. It's definitely not the simplest to use right out of the box, but by reading the manual and trying things as I read it made it pretty easy to learn.
    Scott
    1977 46' Convertible
    "MAD HATTER", originally the "Hattfisher"
    San Diego, CA.