Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Garmin Vs. Raymarine

I am on the fence between installing the Garmin 4212 Chartplotter or the Raymarine E120, each with black box sonar and sat weather.

Any testimonials would be appreciated.

Re: Garmin Vs. Raymarine

I have the E120 and I love it. I like the support of the other system components and believe it better than Garmin. On the other hand the Furuno is sweet too.

FYI the Raymarine E-120 is now the little brother to the G series so I suspect there may be some updates that are coming as the new G series gets more features.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I have owned both. I prefer the Garmin as I find the operation of it to be more user-friendly.

4. Re: Garmin Vs. Raymarine

I have owned Garmin for years and have used lots of Ray stuff and while I like the Ray radar sets you couldn't GIVE me their plotters.

I vote for the Garmin.

BTW, I have the sounder + XM Weather/Radio and plotter system in my little boat. It rocks.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I have the new Garmin touch screen and love it.
    It is very user friendly. In fact, it is idiot friendly.
    It's almost fun to work with. Very easy set up and
    installation.
    Mike

Garmin if not just for thier customer service, great people to work with if you have any problems with the unit .............................Pat