Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: May have to give up boating!

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    Nice! Red is definately the Ferrari color.
    Yeah, his last one was red, but he couldn't get another red one without waiting 18 months. Can you believe that kind of backlog on a car that costs that much?

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    What a faux pas Sky! I knew where that was as soon as I saw your boat! I had that EXACT slip about 4 years ago for the wooden boat festival. Those bastards wouldnt let me dock with the woodies across the river because my 1963 Roamer has an aluminum hull. Dont forget to walk up the hill to pick up some homemade lingonberry jam bro! ws
    Bill,
    That bakery up there in town is great, but I'll pick up my lingonberry jam at Al Johnson's in Sister Bay next weekend. You know, the place with goats on the roof.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Al Johnsons used to be a 22 mile adventure in the Model T from Sturgeon Bay for Sunday breakfast. Had a honeymoon breakfast there too! If you drive outa town towards the quarry, halfway out was our place ... 3923 Bay Shore Drive; right across from the cemetery. Wave when you drive past! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

3. Re: May have to give up boating!

Sky,
    I couldn't care less about the car stuff...

BUT THE BLOND in the car.......

That got my attention.....

Your daughter?

Granddaughter??????

:}
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    Sky,
    I couldn't care less about the car stuff...

BUT THE BLOND in the car.......

That got my attention.....

Your daughter?

Granddaughter??????

:}
    That's me Admiral.
    Ahh, yes, I'm a lucky man. I still can't figure out why she said yes. She must have been answering some other question. 15 years of marriage in November and that's after dating for 9 years before that. She's my best friend, partner, and a great mom.
    Sky Cheney

Al Johnsons used to be a 22 mile adventure in the Model T from Sturgeon Bay for Sunday breakfast. Had a honeymoon breakfast there too! If you drive outa town towards the quarry, halfway out was our place ... 3923 Bay Shore Drive; right across from the cemetery. Wave when you drive past! ws
    Will do. BTW, I like the new addition to your signature line.
    Sky Cheney

Images

Right SKY,

I don't get it either....for a lot of us its not about collecting Shiny Stuff like an old crow does.

How do you get out onto the water in a Ferrari other than by putting it inside another bigger floating toy? I assume it won't float on its own.

The only car I know of that was advertised as capable of floating (excluding the amphibious ones) was the 1960's VW bug.

I do remember seeing a spoof ad in MAD magazine where the buy line was "If Ted Kennedy drove a VW, he'd be president today."

Personally I'm glad that Buick or Olds he had sank, but I still feel sorry for the mistress.

So theres a guy who had plenty of Stuff....and look where he ends up, a brain tumor. (which is my last choice if I could pick the way I would go out of this world) And by the way, he is a real yachtsman. But, as a sailboater, probably doesn't fit into the Hatt crowd, though.

Just curious as to how much can somebody appreciate the things they really enjoy if they are so easily distracted?
    Last edited by Mark Giovanniello; 08-19-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Speaking of cemetaries up by Door County, the leading cause of death up there has been yuppie types out jogging being killed by bad drivers on cell phones (yes, def true story)...no segue for this post.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Speaking of cemetaries up by Door County, the leading cause of death up there has been yuppie types out jogging being killed by bad drivers on cell phones (yes, def true story)...no segue for this post.

Yep... I read that in the Door County Advocate (we call it the aggravate!) ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

MMM, those Swedish meatballs sure were good. Sorry you missed out, Bill. The pancakes weren't too bad either. I guess I was hungry after that hour and a half wait.
    Sky Cheney

Hey SKY...
    I really am glad you guys had a great time up there in ACDC.
    (air conditioned Door County). Its what wonderful memories are made of...
    What you describe (waiting in line) is what makes me sad tho, and is very typical there now. The area gets over run with yuppies from down here in their beemers and benz's. Pretty soon Al Johnsons is gonna expand and have a drive through with Potowonomi indian kids taking orders over a speaker. Youll no doubt be able to buy "frozen goat turds in your grocers' freezer" too!
    I guess I just long for the days when they would meet us at the door and sit and have coffee with us. The kids would all go out back and play with the stinky goats before they went topside. Life used to be sooo simple!
    Did you guys run up to Snail Shell harbor or at least make passage through Port de Mortes on the run home?? If ya get a chance, read the newest odyssey about fuel situation I encountered on the "gas" thred. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY