Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 53' CPMY in NJ Questions

I would highly recommend:

Captain Lawrence S. Kosinar, SAMS/SA
    SE Marine USA, LLC
    557 Marlboro Road
    Old Bridge, NJ 08857
    (732) 406-6114 (cell)
    (732) 360-9511 Office
    (732) 360-9510 Fax

He did an excellent job on surveying my father's boat this past fall. He is very thorough, a nice guy to deal with and a Hatteras owner. He is very familiar with Hatteras.

If you do get in touch with him, let him know that Larry Kaplan had recommended him and my father's boat's name is A Shore Winner.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Do you have your heart set on a CPMY or would you consider a 53MY classic? I think there is a bigger universe of these out there.

Quote Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
    Do you have your heart set on a CPMY or would you consider a 53MY classic? I think there is a bigger universe of these out there.
    That's a good question. Me, I'd be happy with a 53C, 53YF, 53CPMY, or a 53MY. The admiral however, really enjoys catching rays on the back deck while reading the morning paper and drinking coffee. It would really have to be a special boat for her to give that up.

The boat I really want is Mario G's - Siboney. I was really hoping to see it at the Miami HOF Get together last Feburary.
    Last edited by Passages; 07-17-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Sorry to be so technical, but I don't believe that there is such a thing as a 53CMY, just a 53YF,53MY, 53C, 53MY, and a 53EDMY. There was a short run of 58CMY's which was essentially a 53ED with a cockpit. And, of course, there is the 58YF. I know this is splitting hairs, but you want to use the names that Hatt came up with for the 1510's, don't you? Who knows, you may just own one someday soon.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You been checking out them single-wides?

i wondered about the 53CMY as well... isnt' that a 53YF? the listing shows 3 stateroom, I thought the 53YF had 2 SRs... I wonder how they were able to squeeze a cockpit and 3 SRs in a 53??

the 58YF is the ideal boat... 3 SR and a cockpit
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    i wondered about the 53CMY as well... isnt' that a 53YF? the listing shows 3 stateroom, I thought the 53YF had 2 SRs... I wonder how they were able to squeeze a cockpit and 3 SRs in a 53??

the 58YF is the ideal boat... 3 SR and a cockpit
    Yes, it is a 53YF and they were available in either a 2 or 3 stateroom layout. The third stateroom was quite small with bunks and it cut into the size of the master considerably.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Update on 53MY Sales

Don't know how your search has been going. I did sit down this afternoon with my broker and look at the 53MYs reported sold on yacht world. There were 19 reported sales of 1980 -1986 models since January of 2007 .. prices ranged from 140K to 370K. Interstingly, there have been only 2 reported sales during 2008 (and one other we know of in Jacksonville). Not a lot of closed transactions given the large number of vessels sold. Range on the 2008 sales range from 195k to 330k for an ED version. The 1985 classic went for around 235K.

Cheers
    Spin

One of our CYCA members bought a fabulously beautiful Chris-Craft aluminum Roamer from Chicago and brought it down through the Great Lakes. There's something to be said for freshwater boats. Arguably the boating is better, and the season longer, down here.

Jim is correct in that some of the lakes boats appear to be in a lovely time warp: no corrosion, lighter use, which offsets the delivery cost to the coast.

I have purchased two boats out of the Harrison Township Michigan area. Both were excellent purchases.

Spin