Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Festoon light bulbs

I have a "masthead" running light that needs a mini 32 volt festoon bulb, but all I can find are the longer 32's. Anybody know where I can purchase this bulb and if not, can I buy a resistor and place it in series in the hot wire going to the bulb and step it down to 12 volts to get the cheaper/more available 12 volt?

Re: Festoon light bulbs

I assume you've already tried calling Sam's, right?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

When I replaced mine I found a replacment bulb at Boat Owner's Warehouse on SR 84 in Ft Lauderdale, just west down the street from Sailorman's.
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

I already tried SAM's, in fact I drove the bulb all the way down to Ramseur from Greensboro to show it to Steve...

The BOW suggestion is a great one, and I love SR 84, but it's a bit further drive for me. I'll check their catalogue. Thanks!

No luck at BOW's website. They don't make "32 volt minis" anymore.

Which brings me back to my original question: what's wrong with placing a resistor on the hot wire going to the light from under the helm switch which would drop it down to 12v and save the hassle of searching for a 32v bulb?

Try Apollo Lighting in Ft Lauderdale, FL. They were great when I couldn't find any 32v and 12v twin bayonet bulbs for my salon direct lighting fixtures. www.apollolighting.com
    A lady named Majka was very helpful!!
    954-524-3030
    Good luck
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan