PDA

View Full Version : Decommisioning in NJ

Capt.Erich
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Has anyone decommisioned a SF to be put on a truck in NJ? I am looking at a few 34's in NY and CT. The cost of trucking out of NY or CT is insane but out of NJ is very reasonable (cheaper, faster, and easier than delivering myself). However, I need to find a yard that can remove the FB and prep for trucking. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

egaito
10-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Has anyone decommisioned a SF to be put on a truck in NJ? I am looking at a few 34's in NY and CT. The cost of trucking out of NY or CT is insane but out of NJ is very reasonable (cheaper, faster, and easier than delivering myself). However, I need to find a yard that can remove the FB and prep for trucking. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I can't suggest a yard, but I would suggest having the same crew that breaks her down, put her back together. That might mean sending a crew up, or bringing their crew down, but it'll go back together much easier, and with fewer spare parts left-over, if the same crew does it on both ends.

I figured it cost me less than a boat buck to bring in the crew that broke Misty down. Two airtran tickets, a room at a local B&B for 5 nights, a few beers after working on the boat all day. I think I came out ahead as they knew where everything went, what fastners were used where, etc. They charged yard rate with no premium for travel.

67hat34c
10-02-2006, 08:01 PM
where are you taking the boat?

Capt.Erich
10-03-2006, 08:58 AM
The boat will be delivered to New Bern, NC.