PDA

View Full Version : A Little help in Central Illinois?

StratPlan61
07-08-2006, 02:29 AM
My recent trip from Paducah, KY to northern Michigan was halted by the birth of a new granddaughter with some medical complications - so I had to leave Strategic Plan in Peoria, IL and return home to Michigan. Am now ready to return and have lost all my crew. Anyone in the central IL area willing to spent a few days to get me through these final 5-6 locks and under the RR bridge at Lockport, IL? I need someone that can hang fenders for locks, use binoculars and help me lower the bimini top, etc. Knowledge of the upper Illinois River helps.
I plan to return to the boat tomorrow (Saturday) and head north Monday morning. Call me if you are interested and we can chat through the specifics.
517-410-1463 cellular

Bear'
1981 61' MY Strategic Plan

yachtsmanbill
07-08-2006, 05:29 AM
I am in the same boat so to speak--see my posting " camping in ".If you dont get any help from here and can wait until I am in the area, I KNOW that we will have plenty of help around this neck of the woods. Are you at the IVY club? I used to keep my boat at Alexander street on peoria's north side but that was way too shallow 20 years ago. I would like to talk with you about your trip from KY and north. Its been a while since I made that trip and would like to exchange ideas and info. I leaving for NOLA from Chicago EARLY sunday a.m. Feel free to call my cell anytime. 630 388 8882 or yachtsman36@comcast.net until then.
Good luck and smooth sailing !! Bill Stephan :)

dwaynec
07-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Boy, do I wish I could help you on this trip. I am only 100 miles away, and unless weather patterns change, boatiing season is over for me. Unfortunately, I have obligations this week that I can't weasel my way out of :mad: . Water here at Rock Island is 3+ feet BELOW normal levels, and to get from my marina to the channel would require me going through some areas that are only about 3 1/4' feet deep and rock bottom.

Oh, well. Maybe we will start getting some rain up in Minnesota and Wisconsin and the water will come up another foot or so. :rolleyes:

Nonchalant1
07-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Bear,

I think I can do it. That stretch of the Illinois river is basically my back yard. I'll call to see if we can match up.

Always willing to help a fellow forum member.

Doug Shuman