PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Locations on 74 CPMY

BigAssBoat
08-28-2022, 08:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am having difficulty finding DC fuse locations for my lighting issues on my 1997 74 CPMY. I have very limited manual pages on the electrical layout and all breakers seem to be okay.

After reading in these forums, I removed the pilot house bench seat and replaced one of the 8 fuses that was blown in one of the boxes behind the access panels. That resolved most of the pilot house and galley lighting issues, but I still don’t have power to the 4 24V under cabinet lights for the galley pass through counter.

Does anyone know where the fuse for those lights would be?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Bill

Captain Ralph
08-28-2022, 10:57 PM
If you had the prints, nobody would be guessing.
Hatt used transformers for some/lots of lighting. A fuse next to every transformer.
If all DCv, then fuses were hidden well. The prints tell all.

Call Hatt support.

BigAssBoat
08-28-2022, 11:21 PM
If you had the prints, nobody would be guessing.
Hatt used transformers for some/lots of lighting. A fuse next to every transformer.
If all DCv, then fuses were hidden well. The prints tell all.

Call Hatt support.

Thank you for responding, Captain Ralph. Unfortunately, there were no factory manuals that came with my boat and and I’ve gotten all I can over the years from Hatteras Support, which is very limited on electrical prints. Any other suggestions on how I can get the factory manuals?

Captain Ralph
08-29-2022, 01:23 AM
Thank you for responding, Captain Ralph. Unfortunately, there were no factory manuals that came with my boat and and I’ve gotten all I can over the years from Hatteras Support, which is very limited on electrical prints. Any other suggestions on how I can get the factory manuals? No prints on your boat?

Well, lets go exploring..

DC light fuses? The later Hatts used transformers for their 24V lamps. Folk think it is DCv but it is stepped down ACv. Still a 24V G bulb.

All straight DCv fuses should be in the engine room power boxes or the DCv breaker panels.

Well what lights are out again? What is your lay out. I remember some hiding places for the transformers and fuses.

Texas??
How come all the fun is always to far for me to visit?

northshoreone
08-29-2022, 05:20 PM
Do you have a small storage door half way down the stairs to the master/engine room? If so, that whole cabinet insert will come out and there are some behind that cabinet insert!