PDA

View Full Version : Window Glass

Jackman
04-03-2021, 08:42 AM
Put boat in this weekend and before we picked her up off the stands noticed a crack in the windows that was not there last week. Windy week so something must have flown off a nearby boat and hit the front window. Any recommendations for getting it replaced would be helpful. Not even sure what type of glass it is

Jack

jim rosenthal
04-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Tempered glass, I think, IIRC. When I did them, I brought the old ones in as patterns, if memory serves.

SKYCHENEY
04-03-2021, 08:15 PM
Its not tempered if it is original. Hatteras used laminated glass with a solex tint until they went frameless.

Jackman
04-04-2021, 07:55 AM
I believe them to be original. Is tempered the modern replacement? I dont want to do this again. Im sure its not cheap. Jim. These are front windows in the sealed frame. Did you do it yourself? Youre in Baltimore right? Who did you use?

rjwilliams
04-04-2021, 09:12 AM
I believe them to be original. Is tempered the modern replacement? I dont want to do this again. Im sure its not cheap. Jim. These are front windows in the sealed frame. Did you do it yourself? Youre in Baltimore right? Who did you use?

I would never go with tempered glass. If broken you have a total loss of the window and consequently have no protection from water intrusion. Safety glass should be used.

dottieshusband
04-04-2021, 09:42 AM
Laminated Glass. PPG Solex which has a green tint to it. ANY Commercial glass shop will have it.